What are the shift hours? Indianapolis package handler FedEx Ground

Aarmin

I called, but was put on hold then hung up on.

Anyhow, anyone know the shift hours for FedEx Ground? Indianapolis area (including Zionsville).

On that note, I work full time Monday - Friday; how common is it for part time handlers to also work a second full time job?

FXGMGR11

I called, but was put on hold then hung up on.

Anyhow, anyone know the shift hours for FedEx Ground? Indianapolis area (including Zionsville).

On that note, I work full time Monday - Friday; how common is it for part time handlers to also work a second full time job?

They are hiring for all three sorts currently, they have preload tuesday through saturday 4 am-9 am and two outbound sorts..OB1 is 1 pm on Mondays until 6 pm and 3:45-6:30 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 starts half hour afterwards so 6:30 on Mondays and 7:00 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 goes until all volume is processed so as early as 10 or late as 12 depending. Hope that helps.

Aarmin

I went to the observation today

They are hiring for all three sorts currently, they have preload tuesday through saturday 4 am-9 am and two outbound sorts..OB1 is 1 pm on Mondays until 6 pm and 3:45-6:30 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 starts half hour afterwards so 6:30 on Mondays and 7:00 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 goes until all volume is processed so as early as 10 or late as 12 depending. Hope that helps.

Helps,

The application email link sort schedules are different, but figures. I'm not confident I can fit this into my schedule; I take it not very many have full time jobs.

FXGMGR11

Who did you do sort observation with and what time? The link has a general time on it. The times I provided are accurate sort times for Indianapolis FedEx Ground. But we do have two buildings in this city.

Aarmin

I don't remember, I've moved on.

The person I called said the shift was from 4PM to about 7PM Mon-Fri. I basically wasted my time going up there. Why do companies hide shift schedules from people?

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
I don't remember, I've moved on.

The person I called said the shift was from 4PM to about 7PM Mon-Fri. I basically wasted my time going up there. Why do companies hide shift schedules from people?

Outbound, yuck. You've made the right decision.

You're not missing anything sir, good luck!

FXGMGR11

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate time with the process. The sort times change a lot based on customers volume. I wish it didn't but such is life. Were you upset because you wanted more hours or just the hours did not work with your schedule? It is a physical job and part-time. However stations do offer full time package handler positions. Good luck in your future employment.

FXGMGR11

They also have a second OB shift starting at 7 pm and lasting until 11 pm. Not sure if you were told that. Some employees leave at 9-10 pm as well. Especially those that work full time day jobs.

mcutrono

Why not apply to Amazon instead? They took a ton of handlers away from Express when they offered better pay and better benefits (shocking)

mcutrono

I don't think they have part time shifts. Heck, do they even hire people outside of temp agencies?

They took a bunch of guys from the Indy hub a few months ago. It was kinda funny seeing about 30 jobs posted in jcats for handler at indy. The freight was late every day because of it.......then they started blaming pilots