What are the shift hours? Indianapolis package handler FedEx Ground

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Aarmin, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Aarmin

Aarmin New Member

I called, but was put on hold then hung up on.

Anyhow, anyone know the shift hours for FedEx Ground? Indianapolis area (including Zionsville).

On that note, I work full time Monday - Friday; how common is it for part time handlers to also work a second full time job?

2. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Keep calling

3. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Inbound or outbound?

4. Aarmin

Aarmin New Member

I have not a clue.

I'm just trying to find out if the job will fit my schedule.

5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Either 2-7ish am or 5-10ish pm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  6. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Not sure exactly for that building but those hours are pretty standard.

7. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

If it's a hub they might have a 10-2 am as well I think. It's been a long time since I was a handler.

8. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

That should be your first clue to look elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  9. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

True that....he should consider it the most fortuitous disconnect of his life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. FXGMGR11

FXGMGR11 New Member

They are hiring for all three sorts currently, they have preload tuesday through saturday 4 am-9 am and two outbound sorts..OB1 is 1 pm on Mondays until 6 pm and 3:45-6:30 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 starts half hour afterwards so 6:30 on Mondays and 7:00 Tuesday-Friday, OB 2 goes until all volume is processed so as early as 10 or late as 12 depending. Hope that helps.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Aarmin

Aarmin New Member

I went to the observation today

Helps,

The application email link sort schedules are different, but figures. I'm not confident I can fit this into my schedule; I take it not very many have full time jobs.

12. FXGMGR11

FXGMGR11 New Member

Who did you do sort observation with and what time? The link has a general time on it. The times I provided are accurate sort times for Indianapolis FedEx Ground. But we do have two buildings in this city.

13. Aarmin

Aarmin New Member

I don't remember, I've moved on.

The person I called said the shift was from 4PM to about 7PM Mon-Fri. I basically wasted my time going up there. Why do companies hide shift schedules from people?

14. I Am Jacks Damaged Box

I Am Jacks Damaged Box Well-Known Member

Outbound, yuck. You've made the right decision.

You're not missing anything sir, good luck!

15. FXGMGR11

FXGMGR11 New Member

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate time with the process. The sort times change a lot based on customers volume. I wish it didn't but such is life. Were you upset because you wanted more hours or just the hours did not work with your schedule? It is a physical job and part-time. However stations do offer full time package handler positions. Good luck in your future employment.

16. FXGMGR11

FXGMGR11 New Member

They also have a second OB shift starting at 7 pm and lasting until 11 pm. Not sure if you were told that. Some employees leave at 9-10 pm as well. Especially those that work full time day jobs.

17. mcutrono

mcutrono Member

Why not apply to Amazon instead? They took a ton of handlers away from Express when they offered better pay and better benefits (shocking)

18. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

At fedex your schedule is none of your business.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Aarmin

Aarmin New Member

I don't think they have part time shifts. Heck, do they even hire people outside of temp agencies?

20. mcutrono

mcutrono Member

They took a bunch of guys from the Indy hub a few months ago. It was kinda funny seeing about 30 jobs posted in jcats for handler at indy. The freight was late every day because of it.......then they started blaming pilots