What are we getting for founders day?

Fishbulb

ok, the trinket from the plane was pretty cool i have to admit. cake for breakfast though? gross. i felt bad for the twilight sort though who got stuck with the leftover cake that had been sitting in the 90 degree warehouse all day. it wasnt even decent cake either, i think next time they feed us i'll call out the next day with food poisoning :p

dillweed

We got the plane piece, a cookie and some fruit. I grabbed two cookies and the center manager made me put one back. Seems the lelftovers were for the drivers. They weren't too happy about getting fingered-over cookies and warm honeydew. :laugh:

dillweed

:lol:

Best part of founder's day was four out of five part time preload sups being gone. Three quit in the last few weeks and the fourth called in sick. My gosh it was the most screwed up mess I've ever see in almost fifteen years. Worked like heck and laughed so hard I nearly wet my pants. They brought office people out to manage the building and it was a sad, sad founder's day for them.

labels_up

Box slinger
Fajitas, instead of hot dogs. Wohoo. No airplane piece for me but our volume was about 20K less than Monday, so at least I got out of there pretty early.

#1angelfan

we got our piece of the airplane, plus we got cake, and we also had our employee of the month... so we got drinks and pop tarts and bananas. why cake at 6:00 in the morning????

W

westsideworma

ok, the trinket from the plane was pretty cool i have to admit. cake for breakfast though? gross. i felt bad for the twilight sort though who got stuck with the leftover cake that had been sitting in the 90 degree warehouse all day. it wasnt even decent cake either, i think next time they feed us i'll call out the next day with food poisoning :p

wow all the shifts at our hub got cookouts, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, sodas etc. We didn't have cake though lol

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
It was announced the other day that here at our centre we will be treated to a bbq on Thursday in recognition/celebration of Founders Day, an event in which we are encouraged to bring our loved ones.

Being single myself I was thinking, gee, should I hang out at UPS after my shift or go home, get out of my uniform, shower and wash the stink of UPS off of me.

Whatever shall I do???

Cole

It's probably made from recycled hand trucks! It doesn't even say "Thank You" on it! We had a lame cake too!

dudebro

I can't complain. IE div mgr bought pizza, and I got a piece of a 727 I spent time cursing and loading containers on years ago.

govols019

You smell that?
And they fired another one today.

The new thing to say if someone asks you if you've had a good day is: Well, I didn't get fired.

Jetfixr

What are we getting? One year we got trees, another year we got frizbees, the package car mounted on a wooden base, and a key chain.
Written up and disciplined for not doing something that we should have done that we wern't told about that we got in an email........the UPS way. Change the rules day by day.
Jet

CBUK

I trust you all got your lump of metal. I got mine on Friday. That had to be one hell of a big plane to make a piece for every UPS employee, I wonder what its actually made from!

My real gift is the prospect of more work following a takeover of Lnyx another delivery firm in the UK. All starting to integrate now and over the next couple of years. Word is it will hit my centre in October to coincide nicely with the Xmas volume increase.

Happy days.:wink:

Bimster

Shoot - in our center we're getting PAS! Turning it on the day after labor day with few or no meetings with drivers. But it will be WONDERFUL! They have all the bugs worked out and everything will be sooo much better! Won't it? WON'T IT???

Hate to burst your bubble, but we went on pas in april and we've had nothing but trouble. Misloads, order listing, and a higher dispatch are just an example of what to expect of this new system. dont expect much training, they basicly show you a few things and hand you the board and tell you good luck. I get packages for other drivers runs everyday. I would buy yourself a bottle of aspirin. GOOD LUCK!