What are you going to do?!?!?!!!

Sleep was going to be my first priority too. I thought with the kids grown & gone and hubby retired that I could sleep 'til whenever.....

So, sometimes my eyes open and my brain says I'm done sleeping and it's 1:36 AM.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot ???

Worse is still working and the sleep gods decide to play games. I will say driving while hallucinating can make the day go faster.

As far as retirement , knowing me I'll get the wife pregnant and mess up my 30 and out plans the same way I messed up my 25 and out plans.

texan

Lord willing, my time is so close I can taste it.

A few more bills and items to get behind me, then adios UPS, and no looking back.:geeky:

Already management and my peers try to influence me, oh you will stay another 4 to 5.

They are sooooooo wrong, and their words fall to the ground.

By the Grace of the Most High, I am a very productive person at work, and
they seem to rely on me.

Too much I might add, but I will have no regrets.

pretender

Worse is still working and the sleep gods decide to play games. I will say driving while hallucinating can make the day go faster.

As far as retirement , knowing me I'll get the wife pregnant and mess up my 30 and out plans the same way I messed up my 25 and out plans.

Well, there is always 35 and out...

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired when I was 53-----12 years ago. My plan of attack everyday has been to do just enough to not get bored. So far that's working out pretty good. I learned early on not to sit around and wait for the wife to suggest something to do. Her idea of an exciting day is to sit in front of the fire place and read a book. I need more excitement than that. If nothing else is going on I can always sneak off to the hardware store or the Harley shop----------then go have a beer.

UPS Lifer

I retired in January 2007 at 55. The only people that got it were other UPSers! For many years, everyone else looked at me like I had cancer with big sad eyes and said "What are you going to do?". I would say, "You are looking at me like I just died, I am enjoying life just the way it is!"

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
WOW! How cool it is to read of all you retirees and how happy and satisfied you are, Congratulations to all of you! Almost all the retirees from our little center that I see around, look great, like a weight has been lifted off them. I look forward to joining your ranks Nov 2014. God willing of course. When I was 21, I didn't think I'd make it to 30. I never even dreamed of being able to retire until maybe 5 years ago. I too look forward to enjoying things on my schedule instead of scheduling my life around my work.

Last day for me will be around mid April. Click over to 35 years credit at 5/31/14. I'm hearing the same things, you're too young, what are you going to do....I just smile!

Rugir

I moved away to a town away from the center so i wouldn't see all the package cars.its great. Saw one at Christmas thought i was going to get sick. You never forget what it is like.

Sent using BrownCafe App

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I moved away to a town away from the center so i wouldn't see all the package cars.its great. Saw one at Christmas thought i was going to get sick. You never forget what it is like.

Sent using BrownCafe App
There's no escape from that. PCs are everywhere, especially for employees. It's like a particular car you never notice until you own one.

Rainman

Its all good.
Why retire then. Make more money and add to pension if you work here longer. Then you can retire and not work.
The best thing about leaving will be having a life again after all these years. That's what I'm looking forward to. I don't care if I have to work. Heck, after what we've been doing after all these years, a 40 hour a week job will be like nothing to us.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Work for yourself doing something you love or enjoy when you retire from the BROWN GATES OF HELL. Freak working for somebody when you retire. Unless their super cool to work for. You really shouldn't consider it a job sorta speak cause hopefully it will be something that is fun for ya not like just going to a job for a paycheck like this idiot numbnutt place lol.