What are you going to do?!?!?!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Believe it or not their are fun jobs out there. I had a blast flying with the Department of Natural resources spotting forest fires for a month or so the first 3 years I was retired. Then they change the rules and all of a sudden it wasn't fun anymore----so I quit. That's what's nice about having being retired--- you don't give a s---.

dudebro

Looking forward to 1) enjoying the period between Thanksgiving and New Years, and 2) watching a snowstorm from INSIDE my cozy house by the fireplace and not going out unless I want to build a snowman with the grandkids.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Looking forward to 1) enjoying the period between Thanksgiving and New Years, and 2) watching a snowstorm from INSIDE my cozy house by the fireplace and not going out unless I want to build a snowman with the grandkids.
I did enjoy the snow and ice over the last couple of months more than I ever have before.

TheAfterUPSGuy

I recently ran a event on "after-UPS retirement" plans. UPSers most common answer to "why are you here?" was: "I'm bored."

Here are common choices for "What are you going to do?": (1) Rest & relaxation (how much golf & fishing can YOU do?) (2) Volunteer-Charity work, church, kids sports' coaching. (3) Part-time work somewhere, or (4) Run your own business, on YOUR terms.

I help people (no cost!) who want to explore running their own business, without having to "invent" it (usually, franchises). I have UPS retiree clients who are looking at absentee, semi-absentee, and even owner-operated business models to own and run (for income AND equity-building) after retirement. Interestingly, I have a number of folks who are going into franchise businesses with their kids; many of whom prefer this option to battling the job market. Business services, home-consumer services, work-from-home, brick-n-mortar, products, retail, light manufacturing, and in dozens of industries: There's hundreds of great franchise options out there, depending on how little, or how much, time, investment, and effort people want to commit.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
after I retired in Feb 2014, about a week passed and my wife told me " I can look in your face and tell that a weight has been lifted from your back. You just look more relaxed." I worked nights in feeders the last 27 years. (by choice. I preferred nights. Less bosses, cooler and less traffic. I think I was #18 in seniority in my center out of about 130 drivers.) Consequently here it is 2 months later and I still stay up till about 4am. It's getting better tho. haha thank goodness for you tube. :)

rod

Retired 22 years
after I retired in Feb 2014, about a week passed and my wife told me " I can look in your face and tell that a weight has been lifted from your back. You just look more relaxed." I worked nights in feeders the last 27 years. (by choice. I preferred nights. Less bosses, cooler and less traffic. I think I was #18 in seniority in my center out of about 130 drivers.) Consequently here it is 2 months later and I still stay up till about 4am. It's getting better tho. haha thank goodness for you tube. :)

try liveleaks.com-----better than youtube.