What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ol'browneye

foo fighters are good... on my to "go to" list....

This sounds strange, but I just figured out I liked them!
I was messing around on You-tube last night and figured out that they sing a lot of songs that I like. I've heard songs on the radio and never knew who sang them only to figure out it was the Foo Fighters!
Went out and bought a CD today!

wkmac

Some Dixie Dregs and I recently found an old CD of Humble Pie's Rock On which was Peter Frampton's last studio effort with the band before going solo. They were a kick arse band back in the day IMO.

wkmac

A couple of music news notes I thought I'd share. Kerry Livrgren, former guitarist, keyboardist, songwriter for the band Kansas has suffered a massive stroke. His wife found him but according to his son, they believe he wasn't there long and thus the good news. Kerry is moving slowly but his speech so far seems the most effected. Kerry had the stroke on Tuesday so it's day to day right now and Kerry's sons Jake and Kyle are keeping us updated. I'll pass on any changes for those interested.

In the mid 70's when Kansas hit the music scene, Atlanta was a real hotspot for Kansas as they played the Electric Ballroom often at which I lived at! :wink2: One of Kansas' best songs IMO and one written by Livgren was the title track for their 2nd album, Song for America. Here's to Kerry!

On another musical note and health as well. Zack Wylde was hospitalized recently for severe bloodclots so keep Zack in mind for you metal head fans.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Another metalhead UPS driver. Really cool. :devil3:

These days, been listening to :
THE BAND s/t
TAD 'God's Balls'
SAINT VITUS 'Born Too Late'
AC/DC 'Back In Black'
SCORN 'Ellipsis'

Right now :
PANTERA 'Cowboys From Hell'

I'm a hubrat :happy-very: and Saint Vitus is awesome....Seeing Wino solo with Clutch October 6th

Failure Boy

I'm a hubrat :happy-very: and Saint Vitus is awesome....Seeing Wino solo with Clutch October 6th

"Hubrat", haha !!! :happy-very:
Loading walls of parcels within feeder trucks ? I feel for you, buddy !

Saw Vitus live last june... Cult.
Wino is THE MAN !
He'll be releasing soon another solo stuff with guys from the Melvins & Neurosis...can't remember the name, though...
How cool does it sound ?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
"Hubrat", haha !!! :happy-very:
Loading walls of parcels within feeder trucks ? I feel for you, buddy !

Saw Vitus live last june... Cult.
Wino is THE MAN !
He'll be releasing soon another solo stuff with guys from the Melvins & Neurosis...can't remember the name, though...
How cool does it sound ?

Secondary Sorter :happy-very:

klein

Für Meno :)
This was totally unplanned. The national anthem singer, simply held up his mic, and the whole crowd went for it.
Ofcourse made worldwide news.
This is hockey town !
Or as we say it : You're in Oil country !

oh, and wait until Vancouver Olympics... it'll be a daily thing there ! :)

Last edited:

wkmac

Another metalhead UPS driver. Really cool. :devil3:

These days, been listening to :
THE BAND s/t
TAD 'God's Balls'
SAINT VITUS 'Born Too Late'
AC/DC 'Back In Black'
SCORN 'Ellipsis'

Right now :
PANTERA 'Cowboys From Hell'

Failure boy,

I'll take it unless otherwise shown that you are from France and not in the metal catagory but a french band I like is Nebelnest. I like a lot of music that came out of the RIO movement.

French progressive rock never seemed to get broad coverage in the States other than maybe Magma as compared to the British, German and Italians but glad to see the French keeping a toe in the water. Nebelnest even played the States biggest annual ProgFest in NEARFEST in 2007' and oddly enough Magma was one of the headliners.

Keeping rockin' metal or not!

wkmac

This was totally unplanned. The national anthem singer, simply held up his mic, and the whole crowd went for it.
Ofcourse made worldwide news.
This is hockey town !
Or as we say it : You're in Oil country !

oh, and wait until Vancouver Olympics... it'll be a daily thing there ! :)

The real Canadian National Anthem (Klein's version)

Status
Not open for further replies.