What are you paying for workers comp for payroll?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by gixxer squid, Jul 21, 2015.

1. gixxer squid

gixxer squid Member

Currently with Marsh.

Interested in what others are paying. We currently pay $16 per $100.00 of payroll. No Claims ever on our file. Its a profit killer.

2. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Comp always is and it'll never go below 16% just go up in time

3. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Do ya have to have Fred as an additional ?

4. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Good thing it's deductible at the end of the year

5. gixxer squid

gixxer squid Member

:scared::scared:T
    Through marsh?

Another mid-stater said he's paying 3% but it's not through marsh. Just curious as to what others are doing now that we finally have the option of picking

Sorry,Fred's not on my workers comp :-).

6. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I dumped marsh a while ago. Consistently 4% less than what marsh offers me.

7. Crozz

Crozz Member

I'm getting it 48% cheaper than what it was with protective and the company I use does my payroll for free. No BS audits at the end of the year either.

8. instiches

instiches Member

Do you mind sharing who you use?
    Marsh was expensive for us and we found someone else. We're thinking about going to a high deductible.

9. gixxer squid

gixxer squid Member

They are trying to audit us now. Dinged is with 8k additional year before. Trained 5-6 guys past year who didn't work out but on payroll so another 5k probably if we give paperwork. Where does it end??

10. Crozz

Crozz Member

Sucks an added cost that isn't accounted for protective is a joke. They put all fedex contractors in the same pool with is not fair. So I would advise everyone to get away from them. I don't mind sharing the company I use just pm if you would like some info.

11. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Fred as some sort of deep ties to that workers comp ins company, of get some sort of kick back..

12. It will be fine

It will be fine Well-Known Member

There's no doubt about that. Marsh is allegedly a broker but has never found another insurance company to offer coverage. I left as soon as I found another option.

13. Crozz

Crozz Member

Just like the uniforms and damn patches that I could buy an embroider machine and saved money.

14. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

You boys know how cheap you make yourselves sound? " I'm ballin, but."

15. Crozz

Crozz Member

Nothing perfect in life. I have a lot I like about contracting and a few I believe need to change. you love trolling what ground guys have to say.

16. overflowed

I do. You sound like you would take handfuls of ketchup from a fast food joint to fill your bottle at home.

17. Crozz

Crozz Member

Lmao that's not a bad idea. Since you already thought about I bet you do that now.

18. overflowed

I "beat" what?

19. overflowed

Don't involve me in your fantasy son.

20. overflowed

What's the point of changing it?