What are you paying for workers comp for payroll?

gixxer squid

Currently with Marsh.

Interested in what others are paying. We currently pay $16 per $100.00 of payroll. No Claims ever on our file. Its a profit killer.

gixxer squid

:scared::scared:T
Comp always is and it'll never go below 16% just go up in time

Through marsh?

Another mid-stater said he's paying 3% but it's not through marsh. Just curious as to what others are doing now that we finally have the option of picking

Sorry,Fred's not on my workers comp :-).

Crozz

I'm getting it 48% cheaper than what it was with protective and the company I use does my payroll for free. No BS audits at the end of the year either.

instiches

I'm getting it 48% cheaper than what it was with protective and the company I use does my payroll for free. No BS audits at the end of the year either.
Do you mind sharing who you use?
Marsh was expensive for us and we found someone else. We're thinking about going to a high deductible.

gixxer squid

They are trying to audit us now. Dinged is with 8k additional year before. Trained 5-6 guys past year who didn't work out but on payroll so another 5k probably if we give paperwork. Where does it end??

Crozz

They are trying to audit us now. Dinged is with 8k additional year before. Trained 5-6 guys past year who didn't work out but on payroll so another 5k probably if we give paperwork. Where does it end??
Sucks an added cost that isn't accounted for protective is a joke. They put all fedex contractors in the same pool with is not fair. So I would advise everyone to get away from them. I don't mind sharing the company I use just pm if you would like some info.

fres431

Wouldn't surprise me if Fred as some sort of deep ties to that workers comp ins company, of get some sort of kick back..

It will be fine

Wouldn't surprise me if Fred as some sort of deep ties to that workers comp ins company, of get some sort of kick back..
There's no doubt about that. Marsh is allegedly a broker but has never found another insurance company to offer coverage. I left as soon as I found another option.

overflowed

Nothing perfect in life. I have a lot I like about contracting and a few I believe need to change. you love trolling what ground guys have to say.
I do. You sound like you would take handfuls of ketchup from a fast food joint to fill your bottle at home.