What are you ranked?

satellitedriver

I was awarded driver of the year,-( in the early 90's)- see where that got me.
At a rare family gathering of all my siblings- (each of which are former/retired or present executives)- I made a simple comment about corporate life.
"You are only as good as your last mistake."
All in the room nodded their head in agreement, in a weird silence, then we laughed and started cussing and discussing.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I don't know what this thread is about; but I need to feed my critics and keep my Posts up to more than eight per day. I was ranked as an O-4 over 10 in the USAF. Now I just work in the UPS Airline and LOVE IT!!!

JustTired

free at last.......
One year I led my center in complaints (8 or 9). Only one was a valid complaint. I guess that's why they changed the term to "concerns".

They're always trying to make things a competition. We have enough competition out there, already. Why don't they focus on doing a better job against them rather than pitting driver against driver? The winner will be the one who takes care of the customers' needs in price and (most importantly) service.

ups1990

Our center has posted these "rankings' or stats for about a year now.
Drivers are ranked according to overallowed, who beat the route and by how much, those with missed packages, late air.

If they ever did that in my center, it sure stayed under my radar. It was my personal policy to not read all the crap they posted on the walls.

over9five

Staff member
Many years ago as a young cover driver, I was worst in the district for DR claims. It was my center manager who looked into it, got back to me saying, "Don't worry about it. When UPS can't determine where the package went, they assign the claims to someone. You are the someone".

Well that's real ethical.....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This daily list exists in my building as well.
The "politically correct" term they use for these stats is "least best".
Sometimes they even use a highlighter marker...oooow, aaahhh:surprised:
How intimidating!
The only one I'm ever on is for overallowed, most of the time I'm not.
See management has come to terms with the fact that the more they give me, the slower I go.
My work pace is directly proportionate to the brightness of the light at the end of the tunnel.
On those big days I find it necessary to pace myself.:wink2:

satellitedriver

One year I led my center in complaints (8 or 9). Only one was a valid complaint. I guess that's why they changed the term to "concerns".

They're always trying to make things a competition. We have enough competition out there, already. Why don't they focus on doing a better job against them rather than pitting driver against driver? The winner will be the one who takes care of the customers' needs in price and (most importantly) service.

No joke,
-(I think it was my second center manager, in the late 80's)-
He said that if a driver did not get driver complaints they were not doing their job right!
Your last sentence is the sum total of my beliefs.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've heard our rankings referred to as our "score cards." LOL! Over 9.5s are one of the criteria. How about this.....if they don't want excessive over 9.5s then maybe they shouldn't dispatch them.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I've heard our rankings referred to as our "score cards." LOL! Over 9.5s are one of the criteria. How about this.....if they don't want excessive over 9.5s then maybe they shouldn't dispatch them.
Maybe various centers will start trading personel based on their rankings. Sort of like a draft.:wink2:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how I'm ranked, but I did get the dubious honor of being named Driver of the Month for December. During the presentation my Center Manager made in a meeting with our Division Manager, he said that I avereraged 8.3 hours a day during Peak with about 200 stops a day. I worked the hell out of my Helper.

over9five

Staff member
I don't know how I'm ranked, but I did get the dubious honor of being named Driver of the Month for December. During the presentation my Center Manager made in a meeting with our Division Manager, he said that I avereraged 8.3 hours a day during Peak with about 200 stops a day. I worked the hell out of my Helper.

Did your helper get named "Helper of the Month"?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did your helper get named "Helper of the Month"?

I did tip her a C-note, which is more than I got. I got the parking spot and I got to pick a $50 gift out of the Staples prize catalog. Unforunately none of the selections included a 12 year old bottle of single malt McCallen scotch or dinner for two at Carabba's Italian Grill.:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I did tip her a C-note, which is more than I got. I got the parking spot and I got to pick a $50 gift out of the Staples prize catalog. Unforunately none of the selections included a 12 year old bottle of single malt McCallen scotch or dinner for two at Carabba's Italian Grill.:wink2:
Wow, a C-note, that's sweet. We don't have an employee of the month program here, though we do have a parking spot labeled for this person. Seems to be that it's first come, first serve, as far as who gets it daily.

The only prize I ever won was for no absenses during my first full year. That netted me a gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse. About a month later I had my first late occurence. My girlfriends alarm clock went off late.:sad-little: