What are your favorite stories about things that have happened at your center?

browner89

Over peak the dispatcher screwed up one day and one entire car got spa'd to the 8000 shelf. Made him go out as a helper for the guy so he could see how difficult it makes someone's day.

They can MAKE someone go as a helper? Loader had to have accepted that, lol

Edit: nvm, misread, carry on

rod

Retired 22 years
Years before I started at UPS (before PAS), I heard that someone loaded a package car backwards.

Years ago when we had a driver sort we fixed it so the guy at the end of the belt wasn't getting hardly any packages for his route. He had a high mileage rural route that probably only had 30 to 40 stops on it anyway. We were holding most all his stuff at the front of the belt. You could just tell he was happy as hell to think he was actually going to have a super light day on a Friday. Just as the sort was getting ready to wrap up we sent all his stuff down the belt at once. He had that look on his face like he had been kicked in the nuts. You have to be tough to work at the Brown Grinder.

DriverNerd

Had a union employee who was dating (for a very short time) her full time supervisor, but was pretty sly about it and kept it off the radar. One day she comes in pissed as can be "That :censored2: gave me Herpes!". Apparently after talking to him, she found out he did. Marched right to HR to show them all the dick pics he sent her. Never saw him again.