What can he do to get better employee parking lot security at a UPS facility?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Received the following message from a UPS driver. Anyone have any advise for him?

Im a driver in Houston, Tx. I'm not sure if there is anything you could do with our situation we have here. My car was broken into tonight and I had items stolen from me. At this location we have an average of 2 to 3 car broken into a week. Our security is piss poor and they are saying there's nothing they can do about. We should not have to worry about our cars being broken into after a long day of work. This is getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this. I know this is probably a long shot asking for help but figured it would be a good start as I what 2 hrs and counting of the police to get here. Thank you

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Received the following message from a UPS driver. Anyone have any advise for him?

Im a driver in Houston, Tx. I'm not sure if there is anything you could do with our situation we have here. My car was broken into tonight and I had items stolen from me. At this location we have an average of 2 to 3 car broken into a week. Our security is piss poor and they are saying there's nothing they can do about. We should not have to worry about our cars being broken into after a long day of work. This is getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this. I know this is probably a long shot asking for help but figured it would be a good start as I what 2 hrs and counting of the police to get here. Thank you
UPS is not responsible to even provide parking, much less security for it.
I kept my car clean of any items to steal and did not lock the doors.
I never was broken into while others were.
UPS tends to build in the not so nicest locations.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our parking lot is across the street and has signs UPS isn't responsible. There are cameras but UPS won't use them to protect employees. They are just there for when LP wants to check for employee theft.

Nike

Hello op i work at a UPS center with similar problems although admittedly not at the same frequency,( maybe twice a year a car gets hit). Theres not much you can do per se, but see if a manger or supervisor can talk to the city or police department directly. With a few complaints you can often get at least a few more police patrols around your area. Remember that when prodded the government will do a lot to protect its businesses, more so than its people...

Sent using BrownCafe App