What can he do to get better employee parking lot security at a UPS facility?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I'm sure that is the same parking lot I used to park on. I was lucky in that the time I was getting to work the GO people were getting off work, and a lot of spots would open up on the first row by the guard shack. I believe they just added another parking lot there, and it is farther away from the guard shack still. Until the last Dist manager came here, the upper management could park in the customer counter parking lot. It was fenced and they had their own little side gate they could use to bypass the guard shack. They don't take security seriously at the main Houston building, and yeah it's in a bad part of town. We had a feeder clerk get robbed at gunpoint in the lot. She never came back to work, and she sued UPS and won a lawsuit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here. I swing thru the lot, drop my lunchbox, start my vehicle and it's nice and warm when I get in.

At my building LP has a cow if you drive a package car through the employee parking lot and stop at your car. Could be stealing packages.

Every once in a while they will tell us not to stop at our personal vehicles but for the most part they look the other way.

I have a remote car starter and my vehicle will be nice and toasty by the time I punch out.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Received the following message from a UPS driver. Anyone have any advise for him?

Im a driver in Houston, Tx. I'm not sure if there is anything you could do with our situation we have here. My car was broken into tonight and I had items stolen from me. At this location we have an average of 2 to 3 car broken into a week. Our security is piss poor and they are saying there's nothing they can do about. We should not have to worry about our cars being broken into after a long day of work. This is getting out of hand and something needs to be done about this. I know this is probably a long shot asking for help but figured it would be a good start as I what 2 hrs and counting of the police to get here. Thank you

Has this issue been brought up to the safety committee?

Sincerely,
I

upser14

Wouldn't of mattered in St. Louis missouri.

They were cutting out the catylic converters in vehicles for the scrap metal.
The got five yesterday in on our paring lot Brownslave688. Three close to the customer counter and two on the other end of the parking lot. DM told me they are looking into installing cameras on the light polls but they are expensive.

rod

Retired 22 years
The got five yesterday in on our paring lot Brownslave688. Three close to the customer counter and two on the other end of the parking lot. DM told me they are looking into installing cameras on the light polls but they are expensive.

It might not be the answer to your particular problem but they do make some really good 'fake" cameras that are cheap. We cut our vandalism problem at our township park by about 90% when I put up 2 fake cameras and a couple of signs warning that cameras were being used. The trouble with real cameras is that unless you buy the top of the line real expensive ones the image you record isn't all that great (we all know UPS isn't going to spring for top of the line).