What can i expect?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sidd12mia, Aug 11, 2008.

  1. sidd12mia

    sidd12mia New Member

    I'm a college student at Florida International University in Miami. I applied for a position at UPS in Miami and now I have an interview on Friday. I was told I would have to take a 1 hour test before the interview. I was wondering what can I expect for this test?
     
  2. Service Failure

    Service Failure New Member

    I don't like to be the one to say this but if you would have read the new members thread that was stickied you would have recieve a general overview of the hiring process written out by Iggyiam.

    I'll answer anyways. There isn't a test for the job unless they recently added it in. Unless the test itself is waking up that damn early for an interview. You pretty much go in and do a tour, sign some papers ( i heard recently that most of the application is handled online) and hope you get called back in. Second interview pretty much guarantees the job. Good Luck.
     
  3. IDoLessWorkThanMost

    IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

    The test can't be reading, writing or anything like that. Most part-time UPSers struggle there. Those aren't qualifications. =) I believe the test consists of actually appearing at the interview. If you show up, you passed the test. :biting:
     
  4. bellesotico

    bellesotico BOXstar

    May I ask what position you applied for?
     
  5. LKLND3380

    LKLND3380 Active Member

    If you applied for package handler then expect to quit/walk out after an hour of being on the belt... If you make it past 30 days expect to complete your education and run away from UPS as fast as you can...

    If there is a test then maybe you applied to be a part time supe? Then expect to be fired or quit after two years...

    That sums up about 75% of the new hires the remaining 25% stay with UPS...
     
  6. sidd12mia

    sidd12mia New Member

    I applied for the Industrial Engineering P.M. Supervisor position.
     
  7. sidd12mia

    sidd12mia New Member

    It is a part time position. They told me I have to come in and take a 1 hour test. Why do you say that about getting fired or quitting. Lakeland. Also how is the college tuition program?
     
  8. LKLND3380

    LKLND3380 Active Member

    You may be safe... Upper management tends to to push people and make people quit.. Two of our part timers hourlies went to supe and did the college tuition thing one quit and saisd it wasn't worth it the other is still hanging in...
     
  9. Service Failure

    Service Failure New Member

    PT supervisor positions get 4000 a year as opposed to the 2 that hourlies get correct? I'm not really sure.
     
  10. sidd12mia

    sidd12mia New Member

    So i'm guessing no one knows what I can expect on that 1 hour test.
     
  11. Service Failure

    Service Failure New Member

    If it's the same PT sup test then it's going to be a math/personality type test. I don't know about the I.E division and what they require but the basic math and personality/situational test is for PT supervisors. Might be the same, might not.