What can't you do on lunch break?

scoutlover

We were discussing this the other day. Where can you find a list of things you are not allowed to do while on lunch break? Some of these we know drivers have done, others were hypothetical. We were assuming that nothing like driving off area occurred at the time and it was all done in an hour. Are any of these doable without getting fired?

Going to a liquor store and buying some but not consuming.
Buying lottery tickets.
Taking lunch at a strip club, either in uniform or changing in the truck prior.
Going to an indoor shooting range in uniform.
Going to a cigar, smoke or vape shop and buying tobacco.
Leaving your truck secured on your route and having someone pick you up to take to lunch off area but returning in time.
Picking up another driver from a mall and taking him to lunch so he doesn't lose his parking place.

Are any of those cardinal sins, or are you looking at little to no discipline? I'm not looking to do any of these. Just a conversation piece. Do you know of anything that drivers have gotten fired while on break that surprised you?

BrownTexas

I would assume doing anything in uniform that would put the company in "bad light" would be grounds for something. Otherwise all far game. Not sure about picking up another driver though. The person picked up to me would have to be clocked out prior to getting picked up as he is relieved of duty.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bought a box or two of beer many times on the way back in on a Friday. Nothing was ever said. Then again I can't say anyone (management) saw me take it out of the UPS truck and put it in my pickup. I would have just told them its a gift (same as getting a jug at Christmas). Yes I know things are different today.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I would assume doing anything in uniform that would put the company in "bad light" would be grounds for something. Otherwise all far game. Not sure about picking up another driver though. The person picked up to me would have to be clocked out prior to getting picked up as he is relieved of duty.
Hypothetically, a few years ago, a PTer was dating a driver. They would occasionally meet up on his route on his lunch...and play Leap Frog in the back of his PC. Inappropriate? Yes. But both employees were off the clock. And the PC never moved while both employees were in the vehicle. But I'm sure if an OC had caught them, they'd have been fired.

rod

Retired 22 years
Hypothetically, a few years ago, a PTer was dating a driver. They would occasionally meet up on his route on his lunch...and play Leap Frog in the back of his PC. Inappropriate? Yes. But both employees were off the clock. And the PC never moved while both employees were in the vehicle. But I'm sure if an OC had caught them, they'd have been fired.

And others complain about dirty hands :-)