What car do you drive?

P

pickup

I have a 2000 ford crown victoria (they are used by many police departments and cab companies). As you might imagine, the fuel efficiency isn't so good, but I got good power and I don't have far to go to work. I bought it used . What I like about it, is that you can find any repair shop that really knows how to fix it. Especially in a metropolitan area that has a lot of cab companies. I can drive by a repair shop and see if they have a few cabs (ford crown vic) they are working on and if so, know that they can fix it if I need them to. Like to have second options and ability to get second valid opinions.

What I also like about it, is that because I had it painted blue ,it looks like an undercover cop car and gets respect on the road. People give me a wide berth for who wants to be around a cop(or what they think might be one ) on the road? Helps me maintain a space cushion. The only problem is that I can't use anybody as a "front door" on the high way, i.e use someone who is speeding as my front door so I can speed behind him at a slightly lower but still above the speed limit speed until I lose him and wait for next front door. If I use my ford for these purposes, the car in front of me will get "religion" suddenly (thinking a cop car is following him) and slow down real quick.

Spiderman

Package Slinger
I have a 2000 ford crown victoria (they are used by many police departments and cab companies). As you might imagine, the fuel efficiency isn't so good, but I got good power and I don't have far to go to work. I bought it used . What I like about it, is that you can find any repair shop that really knows how to fix it. Especially in a metropolitan area that has a lot of cab companies. I can drive by a repair shop and see if they have a few cabs (ford crown vic) they are working on and if so, know that they can fix it if I need them to. Like to have second options and ability to get second valid opinions.

What I also like about it, is that because I had it painted blue ,it looks like an undercover cop car and gets respect on the road. People give me a wide berth for who wants to be around a cop(or what they think might be one ) on the road? Helps me maintain a space cushion. The only problem is that I can't use anybody as a "front door" on the high way, i.e use someone who is speeding as my front door so I can speed behind him at a slightly lower but still above the speed limit speed until I lose him and wait for next front door. If I use my ford for these purposes, the car in front of me will get "religion" suddenly (thinking a cop car is following him) and slow down real quick.

here at home we call that a scout.

Big Babooba

I have a junk yard on my route that has many retired cruisers. Maybe I can find one that still has the "Police Interceptor" badge on the trunk. Glue one of those on, slap on some cheap wheel covers and install a spot light, you'll get mucho respect from all the criminal types.:happy-very:

Solidarity413

He is going to Monmouth University in NJ. He is favoring the Jeep Wrangler.

As opposed to what others are saying, I have a different take. Strange,huh? Well I guess I am a student :P. I don't know how that campus is spread out but here in Ohio OSU is huge. But most of the parking is really tight spots so smaller cars are better. A small SUV may work out the best if they get banged up they do here in Ohio. IMO Jeeps ride real rough but if you like that type of thing go for it :). I vote a little 4-banger that he can get in and out of traffic and parking without a fuss.

Billy

late 90s/ early '00s Toyota Camry.
+1
Best college car around for a few reasons
A: Great gas mileage so it saves a poor student $
B: Plenty of room to haul around the guys
C: Plenty of room to bring home the laundry
D: Very reliable car

Only bad one is
A: not a chic magnet

drewed

Shankman
Yea Id try to shy away from the wrangler especially in the snow.....theyre pretty squirly on ice with its short wheelbase and light rear.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
97 Caravan, 98 GMC Sierra, 2002 Sonata. Daughter has a 94 Toyota Carolla at school that I picked up for 250 bucks. Put new front end parts on it from the junkyard. She calls it 2 tone. 175000 runs great.

bad company

semi-pro
+1
Best college car around for a few reasons
A: Great gas mileage so it saves a poor student $
B: Plenty of room to haul around the guys
C: Plenty of room to bring home the laundry
D: Very reliable car

Only bad one is
A: not a chic magnet

I drive a 97 camry that I've had since I was in high school. I agree with all of the above... including the part about it NOT being a chick magnet.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I drive a 2005 Volvo S60 R. I need to get rid of it though soon since we are having our second kid and there is not enough room in the Volvo for us all. Trying to find a nice SUV, possibly an Acura MDX.