What changes do you foresee in the next contract?

anHOURover

If hoffa hall and the Boston bully are in office I see 2 tier wages that will out a huge target on all of our backs! You heard it here first! Vote the "happy to have a job" slate out of office

Does anyone know if previous healthcare contracts covered adult orthodontic care? I need Invasilign for some moderate crowding on my lower teeth. Technically it's cosmetic but my dentist said it can be ran thru as orthodontic. It was denied. No orthodontic for anyone over age 26. I asked dentist if that was standard operating for most insurances. Said no, plenty of people have adult orthodontic coverage. I'm very disappointed to say the least
Not sure if we had or didn't have. Never needed it.

ManInBrown

Im wondering if the day ever comes where a new driver never makes what a current driver makes? Gained FT seniority after this date and top rate is this amount. To me that's a game changer. I can't ever see it. If it does happen you will see the class of employee the company attracts really go downhill. People saying we are overpaid is ridiculous. We kill ourselves and basically spend a good portion of our week working. I get home at 8-9 every night. The BOG isn't reality. That's a fairytale. I might get 30 minutes of guarantee pay once a year.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Im wondering if the day ever comes where a new driver never makes what a current driver makes? Gained FT seniority after this date and top rate is this amount. To me that's a game changer. I can't ever see it. If it does happen you will see the class of employee the company attracts really go downhill. People saying we are overpaid is ridiculous. We kill ourselves and basically spend a good portion of our week working. I get home at 8-9 every night. The BOG isn't reality. That's a fairytale. I might get 30 minutes of guarantee pay once a year.
Itll happen sooner or later and the way its going to be done is their going to depend on the older full progression drivers to cut throat the younger guys, whether they lower the retirement age and a bonus sign on amount for newer drivers. They will find a way for it to happen eventually im sure, they find a way to do anything else that they want so why would it be any different now moving forward? The class of new drivers is already going downhill already because these young kids nowadays don't know the meaning of WORK HARD or WORK ETHIC, they aint got the faintest clue and hate to say it, its the parents faults for babying their kids. This company is going down hill fast in the next 15 years after the " LAST OF THE MOHICANS DRIVERS" roll out cause the next batch and class of drivers are going to be horrible and their all going to be programmed like a bunch of robots with all the BS systems that UPS uses nowadays on an everyday basis that WE HAVE TO CLEAN UP EVERYDAY BECAUSE THEY DONT WORK PROPERLY lmfao. Cant wait to roll out of this prison lmfao.

clean hairy

What happens in you center after a few harrassment grievences are filed
They harass you more, and you file grievances for harassment as retaliation for filing harassment grievances.
They give up at some point, they go after the weak who will not stand up for themselves.
When you show you are one of the strong who WILL stand up for yourself,
they will move on to someone else.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

They harass you more, and you file grievances for harassment as retaliation for filing harassment grievances.
They give up at some point, they go after the weak who will not stand up for themselves.
When you show you are one of the strong who WILL stand up for yourself,
they will move on to someone else.
I agree....so everyone has to become one of the strong

By The Book

Even if it screws those with 10 years or less?
It's up to every employee to vote. That's the only way to know your voice was heard during negotiations. It's not my fault that these contracts pass, I just vote for my own interests. Now everyone else should vote for their own interests and nobody should complain about what they got. The key is to be involved in the process, and proposal meetings to find out what is being proposed. I would also voice your concerns on what you don't want to budge on and what you think needs strengthening. Then you've done what you can.

By The Book

Imo it starts with ups knowing that a lot of members don't want to enforce the contract to stay under the radar.........that's what gets them more work.......as far as the union goes they can't make members enforce the contract.......they fight battles when the contract is violated
I wish all locals would fight those battles when the contract is violated, maybe we would have a stronger union.

804brown

If hoffa hall and the Boston bully are in office I see 2 tier wages that will out a huge target on all of our backs! You heard it here first! Vote the "happy to have a job" slate out of office
If they remain in office, nothing will happen with Access Points and it will grow and fester like Sure Post was allowed to under this regime.
Hoffa/Hall is running on empty.They come alive every 5 years. Not, of course, to deliver on a strong, fair contract. No...they come alive to save their political asses. It is the only time they actually need the rank and file. That is why so much pressure is on the local leaders to do their dirty work for them and attempt to get signatures. Hoffa/Hall are not welcome at any building after the last contract.