What changes do you foresee in the next contract?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I enforce except on issues of harrassment or 9.5 the driver has to do that himself first then I stand behind him and fight........because too many drivers are getting harassed but don't want to file.....that ties my hands

By The Book

I enforce except on issues of harrassment or 9.5 the driver has to do that himself first then I stand behind him and fight........because too many drivers are getting harassed but don't want to file.....that ties my hands
There's some necessary involvement on the part of the steward in the initial stages of the 9.5 process(you knew that). Once they're on the list its follow up and education until they can take the reins, but the member involved really has to step up and take ownership at this stage. Some members think they're being harassed when it's actually a gripe. This, from my experience comes from all the favoritism shown to some but not others. I think that goes away if members acknowledged that this is not helpful for the center as a whole.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

There's some necessary involvement on the part of the steward in the initial stages of the 9.5 process(you knew that). Once they're on the list its follow up and education until they can take the reins, but the member involved really has to step up and take ownership at this stage. Some members think they're being harassed when it's actually a gripe. This, from my experience comes from all the favoritism shown to some but not others. I think that goes away if members acknowledged that this is not helpful for the center as a whole.
I agree.......that's why sometimes guys come on here and cry about they are over dispatching me or they are harassing me and the union is doing nothing about it

By The Book

I agree.......that's why sometimes guys come on here and cry about they are over dispatching me or they are harassing me and the union is doing nothing about it
If a driver is going to complain about being over dispatched and clock off before 8 hours I turn my hearing aid off. What one person calls harassment another calls being held accountable. Sometimes it seems like hand holding, and other times a member will surprise you with a thank you.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If a driver is going to complain about being over dispatched and clock off before 8 hours I turn my hearing aid off. What one person calls harassment another calls being held accountable. Sometimes it seems like hand holding, and other times a member will surprise you with a thank you.
Accountability goes out the window in article 37, section 1, paragraphs (a) of the NMA.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The power that we lost. Stop the Harassment and a fair workload.

Could you imagine 20 years ago ,getting a warning letter for not tucking your mirrors in?

I still don't and never will stick my arm outside the truck to tuck in a mirror. Mirrors are replaceable. My arm isn't. I see a law suit for the company in time.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I don't see Hoffa or hall being any part of the next contract. Just who ever it is. Will have no cards to hide cause the farm was given to UPS. With no chance of getting the keys back.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The power that we lost. Stop the Harassment and a fair workload.

Could you imagine 20 years ago ,getting a warning letter for not tucking your mirrors in?
when i get a chicken:censored2: warning letter like that I make sure to file as many chicken:censored2: grievances as i can the following weeks.
They soon the get the point<shrug>