What could ground do to get more ups volume?

DS

Fenderbender
Dual Question with "What could ups do to get more fedex ground volume"
in ups discussions

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Don't quote me and I don't wanna start a UPS vs. FDX ground war but, it seems to me that ground's prices are always (or least the few times I've compared) lower. Plus, ground's transit times are coming way down. They're quoting 5 bus. days to go from CA to MA.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
10-4
Is it true that ground took over the remaining shipping of Amazon frt. from UPS?
That seems like it would be a big blow.
And, DS, you gotta realize I work for eggpress so, I don't have any dog in the fight.

DS

Fenderbender
I'm sure it varies from place to place,up here,I get at least 20 amazon pkgs every day.
Do you really think express and ground are different?
Fedex is Fedex

SmithBarney

All 27 of my stops on SAT are Amazon... oh one of them is Advanced Auto.. but the rest usually are amazon and the smiling boxes.

thedownhillEXPRESS

UPS could buy another company, make enough campaign contributions to enable the use of very questionable employment practices/status, which in turn allows them to pay the other opco a third of the wages, no benefits, have no vehicle maintenance ,keep the union out, and then slowly shift all the volume over.
We can call this company UPS el Grounde.....

whenIgetthere

200miles? hehe I think I did ok this sat too, right around 8SPH by my math, granted FDX math will show like 4.5 somehow

I got hammered this past Saturday, but only had a couple of amazons. I had lots of prescriptions and pharmacy dels, but that's normal for me the weekend of a holiday.

STFXG

I rarely see amazon. I know a lot of it goes smart post. I also heard smart post does about a third of our ground volume now.

TUT

Fedex doesn't have anywhere near close to all Amazon.

UPS vs Fedex Ground is a competitive market, very competitive.

Fedex Ground does have coast to coast times beat vs UPS. Truck vs Rail. However UPS can combat that with a very competitive 3day solution if they want to and have.

HomeDelivery

What service are you using of the USPS for 12-24 lb packages?

parcel post 17" x 12"x 13" is the average box size

yep, media mail... usps can't be beat in that arena

[video=youtube;Mu0PIfHQ7bo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu0PIfHQ7bo[/video]

Last edited: