What did I say that was so funny?

ups1990

I went to a movie rental location and asked the girl at the counter if they had the movie On Golden Pond? She laughed, the people behind me in line also laughed. What, a straight married male with kids, can't ask for this movie. Still don't know what is so funny.:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I went to a movie rental location and asked the girl at the counter if they had the movie On Golden Pond? She laughed, the people behind me in line also laughed. What, a straight married male with kids, can't ask for this movie. Still don't know what is so funny.:wink2:

Probably thought you meant the later movie that is more popular today - "On Golden Blonde".

Every now and then someone at work will say I`m funny and I`ll go into the Joe Pesci rant from Goodfellas. What makes me feel old is when they look at me and go "huh?".

UPSERNOJ

you are old.....on Golden Pond? you got to be kidding....from her perspective.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Tell us the truth--was that your choice or did wifey send you down to the video store for that movie?:wink2:

(It is actually a really good movie that I haven't seen in a long time.)

You would have beed just as well off hanging a sign around your neck that read
Yes, I am a Geek and I'm going to watch a chick flick tonight.