What Did We Learn from Faisal Shahzad's Guilty Plea Speech?

wkmac

“I want to plead guilty, and I’m going to plead guilty 100 times over,” he said, “because until the hour the U.S. pulls its forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, and stops the drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen and in Pakistan, and stops the occupation of Muslim lands, and stops killing the Muslims, and stops reporting the Muslims to its government, we will be attacking U.S., and I plead guilty to that.”

source

So where's the part about hating us for our freedoms and values?

As Jacob Hornberger of Future of Freedom Foundation points out, Case Closed!

bbsam

Staff member
Uh-oh, Wk. Now you've done it. You've been converted by that muslim lovin' Jeremiah Wright and his "chickens come home to roost" sermons! You obviously hate America and if I didn't share the opinion I'd report you to the authorities.:surprised::wink2:

Hardly what I would call a definitive reason for the actions of all terrorists, more than likely just friend.S and his close cronies. Al Quiada, Taliban, Hammas, etc may all have vaguely different reasons for hating Americans. There is little doubt that the most extreme muslims hate everyone that isn't extreme muslims. Outside of the religion aspect, I've never really bought the "Freedoms and values" view. However there is little doubt that they hate and fear freedom of religion.

I sure hope our leaders never develop the idea that if we stop, "the U.S. pulls its forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, and stops the drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen and in Pakistan, and stops the occupation of Muslim lands, and stops killing the Muslims, and stops reporting the Muslims to its government, we will be attacking U.S""
Doing this would not stop the muslim extremists from killing Americans.

Blizzard

Chickens come home to roost or chicken**** looking for some glory. This guy will soon become large lovers latest virgin conquest.

trapped in a dark cell the rest of his life, soon forgotten by all. Bat come home to roost may be a better analogy.

tieguy

Banned
Back on topic

I think our friend talked a good game but did not have the conviction to stay in the vehicle and make sure his bombs ignited. That idiot will be sitting in some cell years from now wondering why he did something so stupid.

wkmac

Last edited:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Back on topic

I think our friend talked a good game but did not have the conviction to stay in the vehicle and make sure his bombs ignited. That idiot will be sitting in some cell years from now wondering why he did something so stupid.

Are you sure that's as simple as it is?

av8torntn

So where's the part about hating us for our freedoms and values?

Wow if we could just get him to explain all those Muslim attacks that were carried out before the invasion of Afghanistan we'd have world peace again. Oh wait a minute.....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That's got to be at least as valid as, "They hate us for our freedoms."

Should we try to be more like them; living under 14th century laws ?

Where women are treated as objects ?
To never be publicly seen nor heard from ?
Where all crimes ( real or not ) are punished by stoning, chopping off of one' s hand and/or head ?
Where a religious person dictates what is correct or not ?
Where people still live in mud huts ?

bbsam

Staff member
Should we try to be more like them; living under 14th century laws ?

Where women are treated as objects ?
To never be publicly seen nor heard from ?
Where all crimes ( real or not ) are punished by stoning, chopping off of one' s hand and/or head ?
Where a religious person dictates what is correct or not ?
Where people still live in mud huts ?

You don't get out much, do you? Is that what you think all Islam is about? How very stereotypical of you.

bbsam

Staff member
The honor killings take place TODAY. Within the past year we've had 2 situations 5 dead and then 3 or 4 dead all within San Clemente population about 66,000. There's no place in our society for their rules and lopsided laws.
You get more domestic abuse than that and far more gang violence.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not in L.A. for Christ's sake!! In our sleepy community, murders are quite surprising. These were decent families with a whacko Muslim at the helm playing God and deciding who dies and who doesn't. We're talking girls who were college students and young children in the other family.