What different Unions represent the mechanics at UPS

UPSmechanicinblue

I'm located in Michigan and am a Teamster. On the south East part of Michigan and OHIO I'm hearing they are represented by the Machinist Union. Is this true? Are other Unions as well for the mechanics? Would like some insight on how this came about. Maybe meet another mechanic to discuss our contract differences. Thanks

Fenris

I'm located in Michigan and am a Teamster. On the south East part of Michigan and OHIO I'm hearing they are represented by the Machinist Union. Is this true? Are other Unions as well for the mechanics? Would like some insight on how this came about. Maybe meet another mechanic to discuss our contract differences. Thanks

There a a large number of mechanics represented by the Teamsters and a large number by IAM. IAM contracts are geared more specifically to Mechanics as that is the entirety of the UPS / IAM membership. Mechanics are not as large a portion of the Teamsters so the focus may not be on mechanic concerns as much.

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPSmechanicinblue,

What local?

Auto mechanic or maintenance mechanic?

Sincerely,
I

Butters243

Metro Detroit mechanics, car wash, porters, and maintainance are all IAM local 698.