what do 22.3 want

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What is the very good reason for it,in texas we have plenty of combo jobs noonday-twilight.

Yeah; I would not mind taking a paycut for day-twi. Much like Upstate suggested seperate pay scales for part-timers who want benefits versus those who do not, there should be seperate pay scales for 22.3 full-time who can bid more desirable work hours.

22.34life

Yeah; I would not mind taking a paycut for day-twi. Much like Upstate suggested seperate pay scales for part-timers who want benefits versus those who do not, there should be seperate pay scales for 22.3 full-time who can bid more desirable work hours.
I dont know if i want anymore confusion then we already have,everthing at ups is all split up part time pay,full time pay.Hired before this year its this way hired after that year another way,me personally i would like to see things simplified a little.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I dont know if i want anymore confusion then we already have,everthing at ups is all split up part time pay,full time pay.Hired before this year its this way hired after that year another way,me personally i would like to see things simplified a little.

OK, I would gladly take a paycut for all 22.3s for simplified language and more appropriate work hours.

No more split pay for inside-inside and inside-outside. Only split pay for shift differential.

If your job starts after 5pm or before 5am, you make $4 to $5/hr more. You could also apply this to drivers/feeders, etc. THIS would change the way the jobs are bid. High seniority would not necessarily take the day positions anymore.

90% of our 22.3 inside-inside jobs are twi/mid.

$20/hr for day/twi, instead of $24.16/hr (or whatever your current 22.3 rate is) for twi/mid. 22.3.
$25/hr for day shifter/feeder FT driver, $29.50/hr (or whatever current rate is) for night shifter/feeder/FT inside/FT preload. company and employees win.

Let me put it this way - our day sort is all low-seniority kids who come to work when the want and book off when they want. Save them for the midnight shift, which coincidently has the lowest volume and also asks the most people to take a night off . No more asking or forcing the 22.3s to work less than their 8 hours? Sounds logical!

Why is it the *generally* highest seniority part-timers (who are now full-time), and full-time always supercedes part-time, are forced to work the graveyard?

This is not a complaint thread, but logic.

22.34life

OK, I would gladly take a paycut for all 22.3s for simplified language and more appropriate work hours.

No more split pay for inside-inside and inside-outside. Only split pay for shift differential.

If your job starts after 5pm or before 5am, you make $4 to $5/hr more. You could also apply this to drivers/feeders, etc. THIS would change the way the jobs are bid. High seniority would not necessarily take the day positions anymore.

90% of our 22.3 inside-inside jobs are twi/mid.

$20/hr for day/twi, instead of $24.16/hr (or whatever your current 22.3 rate is) for twi/mid. 22.3.
$25/hr for day shifter/feeder FT driver, $29.50/hr (or whatever current rate is) for night shifter/feeder/FT inside/FT preload. company and employees win.

Let me put it this way - our day sort is all low-seniority kids who come to work when the want and book off when they want. Save them for the midnight shift, which coincidently has the lowest volume and also asks the most people to take a night off . No more asking or forcing the 22.3s to work less than their 8 hours? Sounds logical!

Why is it the *generally* highest seniority part-timers (who are now full-time), and full-time always supercedes part-time, are forced to work the graveyard?

This is not a complaint thread, but logic.
Most of your jobs are twilight/midnight thats weird because here we have very few jobs bid this way,most of our jobs are noonday twilight or midnight sunrise.

browned out

I want language,im tired of all this making it up as we go crap.Give me some rules that are set in stone.I want the jobs worked the way they were bid 4 hrs/4hrs not all this 6 hrs busting your ass then 2 hrs doing the so called easy part of the job.I should not have to to calculate my hours either so i dont go over 8,thats managments job,if they want me off the clock by a certain time they should tell me not the other way around,and thats another thing how can they instruct you not to go over 8 in the first place?When i call in i should only have to do it once not twice.When my times not right for my second half the home sort should talk to them not me.These are only a few things i want changed i could go on all night.

It is crazy. In Metro Detroit the union and UPS are eliminating these jobs while extending the seasonal employee period to almost the end of January. Something needs to done for the 22.3 workers

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most of your jobs are twilight/midnight thats weird because here we have very few jobs bid this way,most of our jobs are noonday twilight or midnight sunrise.

Well the thing is, I am talking about jobs in a hub with 24 hour shifts, not a center. Not sure if you are talking the same. 70% of the 22.3 jobs in our local are in the hub, they are inside-inside and they are twi-mid.

The 22.3 jobs in the small buildings can vary but there aren't many 22.3 jobs in the small buildings/centers.

22.34life

Well the thing is, I am talking about jobs in a hub with 24 hour shifts, not a center. Not sure if you are talking the same. 70% of the 22.3 jobs in our local are in the hub, they are inside-inside and they are twi-mid.

The 22.3 jobs in the small buildings can vary but there aren't many 22.3 jobs in the small buildings/centers.
My building is a large hub,24hr operation.We run 4 sorts,well actually 5 if you count preload, the hub sorts are sunrise,noonday,twilight,midnight.WE also have 4 centers in package division.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Here are somethings Article 22.3 in my opinion should do
* Never under any circumstances work less that your 40 hours.In this economy Ups is looking to cut hours.They may near the end of your shift ask you to go home (you make more than the PT'ers), Don't do it ! Some coporate flunky is keeping track of 22.3 short shifts and will use it as a negotiating ploy next contract. I tell my A 22.3's this all the time
* Start going to your union meetings. Let your feelings be known to your union officials. They have a say in what will be the platform for the next contract. Its your job protect it.
* Start paying attention to which way the wind is blowing. Red maybe right. It may time for Hoffa to go. I spoke to hall, Hoffa's right hand man and chief negotiator before the last election.I petitioned him about some A 22.3 and PT issues. I got the feeling they he did not care much.
May sure you vote and for the right candidates that will fight for your job.Talk it up among your fellow employees make sure they vote.

My building is a large hub,24hr operation.We run 4 sorts,well actually 5 if you count preload, the hub sorts are sunrise,noonday,twilight,midnight.WE also have 4 centers in package division.

Isn't the sunrise and the preload the same sort? What do you run on the noonday sort?

22.34life

Isn't the sunrise and the preload the same sort? What do you run on the noonday sort?
the hours are the same but different operations,sunrise is a hub operation while preload is well preload.They both start at about 3:30 am,as for the noonday sort we run all instate destenations.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

ok, same here. The hub alone = 4 centers, 260? FT drivers, over 100 22.3 FT.

only roughly 10 jobs are day/twi, all year one (8/1/98) 22.3s. Basically the rest of the 100+ are twi-mid or preload/am air.

start times (roughly) preload = 4-9am day 12-4pm twi - 6:30-10:30pm mid 11:30pm-3:30am

Hawaii50

So keep working for big brother and shut up. And if you ever want to make decisions for yourself, and not be instructed what to do, I will set you up with a part time sup packet. but until then, shine my shoes.......
You need to get your K_ OB shined.:happy-very:

Brown_Eyed_Girl

Sad to read that these jobs might/will be going away. Air driving is my favorite part of working at UPS and not for the money, but for the challenge. <sigh>

705red

Browncafe Steward
I love it when you fight with each other. Management will sit back and enjoy the girlfight. I am glad you guys fight like girls, because hurt workers are bad workers. Some brotherhood... Can't be very united when you are split down the middle.

"Strength comes in numbers but weakness occurs in divided groups." - William Wallace

Nobody is fightiing. Did you see 1 person disagree with my post? Now that could be called disagreeing, but not in this instance. Go back to school!