What do drivers do on their breaks?

rss13

For me it depends on the day and the route I am covering. If I am on my side of town I will eat at home. If I am in an area with a nice park, I will find a spot and hang my hammock and relax. Sometimes I just find a shady spot to park for break. Usually I try to eat my food between stops so I'm not wasting my break time eating.

MrBrown

I'm cover and don't take breaks till I get back to the building. So for a half hour I get gas run a quick errand grab some beer etc

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm cover and don't take breaks till I get back to the building. So for a half hour I get gas run a quick errand grab some beer etc

It doesn't matter whether you have a bid run or not-----you should always take your full lunch and break on road. The contract states that we must take our break between the 1st and 3rd hour and our full meal break between the 3rd and 5th hour. This is the ideal and we know that this is not always possible but taking your breaks after you have worked all day is also not ideal and may actually work against you in the form of an increased dispatch.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
It doesn't matter whether you have a bid run or not-----you should always take your full lunch and break on road. The contract states that we must take our break between the 1st and 3rd hour and our full meal break between the 3rd and 5th hour. This is the ideal and we know that this is not always possible but taking your breaks after you have worked all day is also not ideal and may actually work against you in the form of an increased dispatch.
Why are you here. I was told you left.

B

BrownCubster

I agree with you but sometimes it is nice to take them at the end of the day to runs errands while the bank is still open or whatnot. Our bosses let us do this. I can see how it could be a problem if you got in an accident and you had not taken your breaks and lunch at the specified periods. They could claim you were fatigued and could be liable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with you but sometimes it is nice to take them at the end of the day to runs errands while the bank is still open or whatnot. Our bosses let us do this. I can see how it could be a problem if you got in an accident and you had not taken your breaks and lunch at the specified periods. They could claim you were fatigued and could be liable.

I am talking about the drivers who work all day and then take their breaks in the building at the end of the day.