What do fellow drivers do on lunch??

helenofcalifornia

DS, don't be telling lies about those Canadian geese!!! They are ALL down here in the lower 48 pooping up every park and golf course around. Canada probably has them on their endangered species list. Hmmph!!!

mikeb

tnbrown
I usually take at least a half hour. The DIAD has 3 slots to code your lunch out and I always fill them up. Because of my long hours, i'll run errands during the day on my route. I've done everything from get a haircut, banking, doctor visits, dentist, closed on some property, shopping, etc. Also, does anyone else code their lunch out at the exact times? I've always rounded off-if its 6 min after i'll put 5 and so on. There have been times when i forgot to clock out and i would just guess. No one has ever said anything.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
If UPS isn't a complete disaster on any given day, I usually meet up with my coworkers for lunch at a predetermined restaurant. Eat a massive meal and then move in slow motion all afternoon.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
mr v do you find the massages helpful. I have thought about that or a hot tub. one guy in my center goes in his before work and at night and says it has helped with soreness .

it makes alot of difference for me, you should really try it. At moments it can get painful like when they pounding on your arms and legs, but you feel as good as new after the treatment.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Satellite.....I personally returned the certificate as soon as I found out and demended and got my $50 back......red-faced & all.

Big Babooba

I used to have lunch at a cafeteria on my route with the Fedex driver. It was years ago, but people still bring it up. They can't get over that we are not mortal enemies!
I had a Fed Ex express driver on my route that also lived on my route. His family are farmers and all lived on the same road. If I had anything for the farm or his relatives, I used to DR everthing into the cab of the Fed Ex truck. I used to get some strange looks from people. We used to lunch together often. Once he was at Chili's with another Fed Ex driver so I joined them. The manager used to love having us there - he got a good laugh out of it. I had a Dell for his sister, so after lunch, he signed for it and loaded the boxes in the back of the Fed Ex truck(more funny looks).

Big Babooba

I usually take at least a half hour. The DIAD has 3 slots to code your lunch out and I always fill them up. Because of my long hours, i'll run errands during the day on my route. I've done everything from get a haircut, banking, doctor visits, dentist, closed on some property, shopping, etc. Also, does anyone else code their lunch out at the exact times? I've always rounded off-if its 6 min after i'll put 5 and so on. There have been times when i forgot to clock out and i would just guess. No one has ever said anything.
They may not say anything, but they are watching.

Big Babooba

If UPS isn't a complete disaster on any given day, I usually meet up with my coworkers for lunch at a predetermined restaurant. Eat a massive meal and then move in slow motion all afternoon.
I once had a supervisor tell me not to deliver to any funeral homes. He said I moved so slow that they might mistake me for dead and try to embalm me!

BCFan

I am in a VERY rural area so my lunch is parking under a huge spreading oak tree at a old country church and cemetary (complete with rebel flags on several graves) with my cooler , radio , and paper. Usually I'll take 40 minutes at this point. I try and use this time to work grievences and make my phone calls related to those grievances. After my 40 mins are up I will then finish setting up my load and cuss the misloads that I find. This is my first residental route in a while (been downtown prior) and I enjoy the solitude and quiet. My last 20 mins I take at the end of the day to compose myself and attempt to rid my mind of the days activity so I can go home to my family (after 11 hours of work) in a somewhat good mood. I love my (sic) job!!!! BC:thumbup1: (not Bakery Cooks):confused:1

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
The usual group of us get together at one of about 4 or 5 buffet places around the city that we enjoy going to. (you can all guess where I usually choose to go). We usually eat way too much, and spend the last half of the hour venting about our encounters with incompetence throughout the day, and then trying to stay awake after we hit the 2:00 wall.