What do i do? studying starts september - Part time job.

Dante505

Hello everyone

Okay so my question to you all is this, I start my studying in September at my local college for 3 years in Mechanical Engineering, its a full time course, and at the moment I have a part time job, 10pm-3am so not the most ideal hours, I'm in training and haven't hit my target yet, I work at UPS as a secondary sorter and I'm not the most physical person in the world so I guess that explains it.But when September arrives, what do i do? do I give up the part time job and focus on my full time studying course (3-4 days a week) or try to handle them both? i don't think ill pass the training on the job so ill probably get let off after the 3 months probation ( Mid September)

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

p.s - The sorting requirements are 1200 pph and closest ive got is 1140 (brother timed me once and i hit 1200 but i dont theyll accept that ) so i dont think ill be at ups for long, also the online test is 1500pph, but do i need to do both the 1200 and 1500 tests? or can i pass on one?

Hello everyone

Okay so my question to you all is this, I start my studying in September at my local college for 3 years in Mechanical Engineering, its a full time course, and at the moment I have a part time job, 10pm-3am so not the most ideal hours, I'm in training and haven't hit my target yet, I work at UPS as a secondary sorter and I'm not the most physical person in the world so I guess that explains it.But when September arrives, what do i do? do I give up the part time job and focus on my full time studying course (3-4 days a week) or try to handle them both? i don't think ill pass the training on the job so ill probably get let off after the 3 months probation ( Mid September)

Thanks

p.s - The sorting requirements are 1200 pph and closest ive got is 1140 (brother timed me once and i hit 1200 but i dont theyll accept that ) so i dont think ill be at ups for long, also the online test is 1500pph, but do i need to do both the 1200 and 1500 tests? or can i pass on one?
Do you have medical benefits from your other job or from your parents.

Box Ox

Currently no.

What im trying to say is, is UPS worth giving up (even though i probably wont make it past training) for my education)

Mechanical engineering is a good field. If it makes you happy, UPS is absolutely worth giving up for it. Especially if the overnight work might affect your grades. Maybe your college offers work study or assistantship programs that'd cater to your hours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone

Thanks

I'd get one of these
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1437576132.596069.jpg

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I did both.

Working and going to school sucks but I wasn't really in a spot to leech off mommy and daddy. It took me a bit longer than it should have, my social life wasn't as "full" as some of the folks that didn't work but I made it happen.

I went to school during the day (typically 8:00/9:00 AM - 2:00 PM) and worked Twilight.