What do people in the IE department do?

8up

arts and crafts, powerpoint slides, graphs, reports on various reports, recess, nap, lunch, playground, finger painting, or is that finger pointing, go home

browniehound

Quite honestly......IE interests me. Of course it is just me talking from a driver's perspective and knowing where IE screws up when they set up routes and do time studies. I am disillusioned enough to think that I could make a difference for the better.

I was thinking the same thing but taking it a step further. Apparently, they know much better how many routes the center should run better than my center manager and 3 on-car sups.. I understand they have a job to do and I'm sure its difficult. Well, if you call looking at volume trends and then assigning a # of routes to that difficult and not having to deal with bull that comes with it, then it is. Sort of. Who do you think knows the center better? IE or the manager who deals with it everyday? I think the center manager should be able to over-ride IE anytime with no questions asked, but he can't even when its his a-- on the line.

To the guy complaining about the route he doesn't want to do. Try being the center manager being told how many routes to run and then explaining the next day why his/her numbers were so bad and why there were so many over 10's, missed businesses, late air, etc. Never mind our business customers getting their delivery at 430 pm or with their pick up.

Here's an idea. Instead of layoffs and cutting routes to save money, how about we just cut IE and let the operations managers decide how much labor they need? It seems to me that they would know best. Think of the 100's of 1000's of $$ in salary the company would save as opposed to the few gallons of gas and the little wear on the vehicles they save now cutting a route.

You're right, its never going to happen.

S

splozi

In all seriousness, what does IE stand for? I read the beginning of this thread when it started and there were a lot of jokes. I can't tell what's what.

tardus

We always dreaded when I.E. would periodically focus their attention on the Carwash. They always forgot that the fundamental purpose of the Carwash was not to save money but to keep the vehicles clean!

S

splozi

I still don't understand how this saves them any money. Are you saying that they are saving money by washing them less often than they should be? I see that as spending less money, rather than saving anything.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Take the cars through the Marine Car Wash......payment is a donation, company writes the entire cost off as a charitable donation!!

They hold car washes all over the place here.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my center to save money they dont use water to wash the cars. They polish the cars every two weeks with Old English Furniture Polish