what do we have to hide here?

tieguy

Banned
tie, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?

I am worried about you...

I appreciate your concern. I'm not sure what you're asking.

I agree with Dillweeds assessment it is a two person P contest.

Hoaxster response basically was that he had to stand up to a bully.

I was therefore wondering what bully he was standing up to when you had me blocked from the site and he continued firing cheap shots at me?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
tie, what exactly are you hoping to accomplish here?

I am worried about you...

ahmadinejad-grimace.jpg
???

705red

Browncafe Steward
As many people here know, I enjoy a good confrontation with mamangement, especially Tie. We have had many battles and I have come to respect him dearly. WHen I have had problems and addressed them with him privately, he has helped me in anyway he could. He has helped me to understand things a little more clearly, even if he is deamed as the enemy. lol

He see's things his way and has a little different outlook on UPS as we do siince he is from the other side, seeing the majority of us are Teamster hourlies on this site. IMO he is one of the old school managers that we speak off after they have left the company as we sorely miss them, when they have been replaced by a out of school number cruncher.

There are several manament posters on this site that I enjoy, Tie and Pman. The difference is Pman I believe thinks before he posts, and cannot be dragged in to a verbal tongue lashing. Tie on the other hand enjoys getting under certain posters skin.

When it comes to Hoax, I am not a fan at all!!!! Could he be a corporate shill? Sure! As many of his posts are uncalled for especially in labor issues since he does not directly by his own admission deal with the union side of the business. IMO it appears he tries to drum up controversy in the labor forum with his one liners or lack of respect for the poster of the said created thread. IMO

That being said if he is a shill, I do not beleive that Cheryl, Tony or any of the other Mods are aware of it. And truthfully I personally dont care!!! Because I will still post on here what I would say to anyones face. I do not hide who I am or my beliefs. Tie I totally understand your position, but I ask you to move on as a friend. Because many people that read this site are not gaing usefull information from you as they have in the past because you have this stuck in your gut right now.

Im just as much of a hot head as you are, and Its extremely hard to ignore peole that you want to but we cant because they have Mod powers, just bite you lip and report it and move on. Because if a mod is attempting to stir the pot, they to should be held to the same guidelines as any other poster.

tieguy

Banned
Its too early to add up how much it will cost all together. But I would not plan on getting your 401k match anytime soon! LMAO

might be the first time a grievance benifits the management compensation package. I'm still waiting to see what they do with it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
When it comes to Hoax, I am not a fan at all!!!! Could he be a corporate shill? Sure! As many of his posts are uncalled for especially in labor issues since he does not directly by his own admission deal with the union side of the business. IMO it appears he tries to drum up controversy in the labor forum with his one liners or lack of respect for the poster of the said created thread. IMO

Thanks ... coming from you I sincerely do thank you and accept this as a compliment.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thanks ... coming from you I sincerely do thank you and accept this as a compliment.

Look, you have your hands full with Tie right now. You dont want me to open up a can of whoop asz on you. Your MOD title means absoolutely nothing to me! I could care less what titles you are given, because IMO you have not earned any of them!!!!

tieguy

Banned
my favorite was when Cheryl set up an opinion thread asking for the posters opinions here. You barged in and stated that you didnt ask for anyones opinion as if you were running the site.

talk about disrespecting the owner of this site. You laid a masterpiece that day.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have a very serious question?? When is a MOD a MOD? Because IMO we have one that hides behind his title and gets away with flaming others, and when hes called on it, the poster like me gets a final warning for talking to a MOD like that. I think its BS!!!!!!

What happened to his post that was posted at 1134am? he can flame, but no one else can???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have a very serious question?? When is a MOD a MOD? Because IMO we have one that hides behind his title and gets away with flaming others, and when hes called on it, the poster like me gets a final warning for talking to a MOD like that. I think its BS!!!!!!

What happened to his post that was posted at 1134am? he can flame, but no one else can???

I deleted in the spirit of "Can't we just get along."

As to your question, look at my signature:
"I engage by posting when and where I desire ... and when I find others not complying with the TOS, I do not post, but I do Moderate."

If you see any of my public posts, I am not Moderating.
Any Moderation communication I do is via PM.
Ask Cheryl and the other Mods how they do it.
My approach is well publicized and all over this forum.

In my opinion, where people keep screwing up is attacking me a a Moderator because of my posts. They then attack me because of being a Moderator and then that gets Cheryl and some of the Mods all riled up.
I refuse to be held to a different standard ... If you and others would reply/attack me as if I was simply another member of Brown Cafe, there would be no problem.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Look, you have your hands full with Tie right now. You dont want me to open up a can of whoop asz on you. Your MOD title means absoolutely nothing to me! I could care less what titles you are given, because IMO you have not earned any of them!!!!

Being a Mod on the BrownCafe is not something we take lightly. All of the mods here volunteer their time to help us run this website...If you have an issue with Hoax you can challenge his ideas/comments with good debate because that is what this website is for..

You telling us that a mod has not earned his/her title or that you could care less that they have that title is a slam against the BrownCafe, Cheryl and the other mods. We don't take lightly the decision to extend the opportunity for someone to be a mod and consult with the other moderators etc...

You have no idea what we go through to try and make the BrownCafe a community that can be enjoyed by everyone that visits.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I moderate when asked and if someone is way out of line. Ive held my fingers back from the delete key several times, but Im over trying to be sensitive. Some of this fighting is just crap, and really boresome. . Really.
Thumbs up for Tony, very well said and eloquent.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Being a Mod on the BrownCafe is not something we take lightly. All of the mods here volunteer their time to help us run this website...If you have an issue with Hoax you can challenge his ideas/comments with good debate because that is what this website is for..

You telling us that a mod has not earned his/her title or that you could care less that they have that title is a slam against the BrownCafe, Cheryl and the other mods. We don't take lightly the decision to extend the opportunity for someone to be a mod and consult with the other moderators etc...

You have no idea what we go through to try and make the BrownCafe a community that can be enjoyed by everyone that visits.

I have never had a problem with any other mods on this site ever! And I have taken my warnings in the past very serious when I have been issued them for getting in to heated arguments with other posters and learned from them. What I have a problem with is a mod that hides behind the title and is allowed to insult members because of his title and when he is given it back the I have now to pay the price. I understand if i disagree with a mod when they are moderating, but when a mod is in the middle of the thread they should not be treated differently than any other poster!!!!!

I dont have the tools that a mod has, I cannot delete my words well after I type them, like a mod can. Its unfair to issue discipline unevenly!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
I have a lot of respect for the many fine moderators you have here. Its been a shame seeing some of whom I thought were friends stab me in the back while others stayed silent but i understand what I've seen with my many fine friends here who often pm'd me with support but would not speak out publicly for fear of offending tony or cheryl.

it should not have to be about offending them. One moderator having a thick skin could have fixed it all.

the effort to moderate here has increased significantly as of late. Decisions are subjective and I think the decisions can create a lot more controversey and become a distraction as these threads have shown. posts are now arbitrarely deleted without so much as a private message letting us know why it was deleted. Meanwhile we have ID's created that I think are blatantly offensive that are not addressed.

I have always said I would have been a terrible moderator because I can't be involved in heated debates here and moderate at the same time. I'm not sure why Hoaxster feels he can just turn the hat when needed.
Its like we have to ask are you saying that as a moderator or as a poster with an attitude this time.

I have been here a long time supporting this site often with passion. I often click on the ads to help pay the bills here. I found it offensive having to click on the brownbailout ads but did so anyway since the clicks help pay the bills.
I should have been treated much better then I was the last month. I deserved much more. I have had many private conversations with tony and some with cheryl about the out of control moderator here. When those conversations clearly no hoaxsters actions show arrogantly fell on deaf ears I then and only then made my objections public.

I recieved not one but two moderations for my offense. All I ever wanted was a resolution process that allowed me a long time supporter of this site the means to deal with an overzealous moderator who switched roles when it suited his agenda.
Its your site to do with as you wish. You can run a autocratic regime here if you wish. But if you want members here with any kind of standing or seniority then at some point you may want to give them a means to resolve these types of issues.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hoax is the best, he has personality and only trolls /spins a little. :fan:

P-Man has no known personality whatsoever, he could just be a robot for all anyone knows, but he's a nice robot-like person and refuses to lie or get caught up in any BC drama.

Tie is a troll and a spinner, also refuses to ever give into anyone- even when outsmarted, and/or proven wrong. However, he has a likable side and can make very true and funny slander directed at the union.