What do you call this sandwich?

Big Babooba

Every region sometimes has its own name for something. Depending on where you are a soda can be called a tonic, pop, etc. What would you call this?
ChickBacnRnchSwssCLP-01.jpg

I'm getting hungry. Think I'll go get a grinder.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I lived in RI/MA it was a grinder.

When I visited Philly it was a hoagie.

Up here it is called a sub.

No matter what you call it that picture looked good--I'm hungry.

A

an anonymous guest

Looks like a chicken sandwich on a long roll. Here in NJ we go for the number 1 Sub:

Hot Cappy Ham, Sopressa Salami, Biting Provolone, on a long Italian roll, with lettuce, onions, hot peppers, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar....

Go UPS!
P71

moreluck

golden ticket member
peacock,

As a child, the hardest thing to find for my lunch box sandwiches was fairly lean capicola ham. It's pretty fatty stuff, but I always loved the hot red peppery edges. I like just butter on a cappicola sandwich. Comfort food !

Big Babooba

When I lived in RI/MA it was a grinder.

When I visited Philly it was a hoagie.

Up here it is called a sub.

No matter what you call it that picture looked good--I'm hungry.
I've driven by a few eating establishments in your area that advertise Michigans. What is a Michigan?

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Looks like a chicken sandwich on a long roll. Here in NJ we go for the number 1 Sub:

Hot Cappy Ham, Sopressa Salami, Biting Provolone, on a long Italian roll, with lettuce, onions, hot peppers, extra virgin olive oil and vinegar....

Go UPS!
P71
Jersey style subs are the best!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've driven by a few eating establishments in your area that advertise Michigans. What is a Michigan?

It is basically a chili dog, but they are really good. It is a hot dog served on a michigan roll (basically a longer and higher hot dog bun) covered in meat sauce and mustard. You have to know how to order them, too. A Michigan buried is a Michigan with cut up onions under the hot dog. I normally have 3-4 Michigans without (no onions) and a side of home made fries, which you can get with gravy on them. Poutine is french fries with gravy and cheese on them, which I am not crazy about but my son likes.
DS probably knows more about those than I do.

dillweed

Sub

What is it about coney island dogs that makes them so much better than chili dogs? How do they get that sauce so darned good?

Big Babooba

What is it about coney island dogs that makes them so much better than chili dogs? How do they get that sauce so darned good?
That's probably one of those questions that may be best left unanswered. You know - What's in Spam? or What animal parts do they put in hotdogs?:sick: