What do you do for fun on the job?

kwed95

former pre-load p/t sup
Title says it all. I am sure most of your supes have read the book "Fish". And have stressed the 4 major points; choose your attitude, be present, make someone's day, and have fun. I personally subscribed to the have fun one the most.

Both of these took place when I was a p/t supe and actually involved the same full time supe. The first was in the sort aisle. We had a box of silly string open up and couldn't find all of the contents. Well let's just say by the end of the day it looked like Spider-Man had visited the sort aisle. But the fun part came when I called my friend/t to a door. Now I am sure your sort aisles are the same, above the unloader walk way. So I called him over to talk about a slow unloader. I told him to look at him...he turned around to tell me something and I unloaded a whole can of silly string all over him. Sorters, bulk drivers, and unloaders were laughing having a good time...as was he.

The next time came when I was now on load side. Our center was hit with some early peak season volume and our friend/t told me and another supe to load a wally. Now this came after the lawsuit that allowed p/t supes to get overtime pay. So we said we will load it when we feel like it. They were waiting for a pm driver anyway. He told us to do it now or "give him our badges." We laughed and said we were going home. So we left and we and hid in the wally behind some of the packages. Our friend/t circled the wally about 3 times before he realized we were inside of it. We laughed, he told us to stop screwing around then he locked us inside...classic.

So many fun times at UPS between the chaotic moments. Any others?

filthpig

I like to come into the building nude, then walk up to my supe and slap him and say "that's for last night, you ferret!" That always seems to get a laugh.

I don't do anything for fun, I just work and go home.

Ms Spoken

We had a box of silly string open up and couldn't find all of the contents. Well let's just say by the end of the day it looked like Spider-Man had visited the sort aisle.

So your the one who stole my silly string and just who do you think paid for that?

New Englander

Title says it all. I am sure most of your supes have read the book "Fish". And have stressed the 4 major points; choose your attitude, be present, make someone's day, and have fun. I personally subscribed to the have fun one the most.

Both of these took place when I was a p/t supe and actually involved the same full time supe. The first was in the sort aisle. We had a box of silly string open up and couldn't find all of the contents. Well let's just say by the end of the day it looked like Spider-Man had visited the sort aisle. But the fun part came when I called my friend/t to a door. Now I am sure your sort aisles are the same, above the unloader walk way. So I called him over to talk about a slow unloader. I told him to look at him...he turned around to tell me something and I unloaded a whole can of silly string all over him. Sorters, bulk drivers, and unloaders were laughing having a good time...as was he.

So many fun times at UPS between the chaotic moments. Any others?

Wouldn't doing that to the contents of a package be grounds for termination? I don't know...don't consider that funny at all. Someone owned those items and it was for sure not you.

stringerman85

There's this one driver in our facility who brings a golf club or two to work everyday on nice days, i don't really know him but i assume he has a driving range on his route :happy-very:

To be honest? Make fun of our PT sup.

"Ever worked construction?"

"Of course"

"Sewing doesn't count."

No comment.

But yeah, fun at work consists of conversations and not of doing things INSTEAD of working. Do sups have that much time on their hands?

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
...We had a box of silly string open up and couldn't find all of the contents. Well let's just say by the end of the day it looked like Spider-Man had visited the sort aisle. But the fun part came when I called my friend/t to a door. Now I am sure your sort aisles are the same, above the unloader walk way. So I called him over to talk about a slow unloader. I told him to look at him...he turned around to tell me something and I unloaded a whole can of silly string all over him. Sorters, bulk drivers, and unloaders were laughing having a good time...as was he.

Nothing personal -

You should have been immediately fired. Your SUP as well.

What do you do with the stereos, TVs that are open?

Leftinbuilding

...We had a box of silly string open up and couldn't find all of the contents. Well let's just say by the end of the day it looked like Spider-Man had visited the sort aisle. But the fun part came when I called my friend/t to a door. Now I am sure your sort aisles are the same, above the unloader walk way. So I called him over to talk about a slow unloader. I told him to look at him...he turned around to tell me something and I unloaded a whole can of silly string all over him. Sorters, bulk drivers, and unloaders were laughing having a good time...as was he.
Nothing personal -

You should have been immediately fired. Your SUP as well.

What do you do with the stereos, TVs that are open?

We had a box of illegal fireworks break open yesterday. Bet they would have had a ball with that. OP, ever hear of "overgoods"? Just because something fell out doesn't make it ours. Maybe UPS should attach your pay to pay the claim.

H

hseofpayne

I hit the "will contact as soon as possible" key in response to any any all messages I get on DIAD, gives me a thrill!

H

hseofpayne

I used to meet this fine girl on my rte behind the Kroger and give her some special customer service, but after a ride by my on car sup, I was told to reduce my customer contact time; had to give that up! It was fun while it lasted, tho!