What do you do for your sore body?

Indecisi0n

I feel like i've been at the gym everytime i wake up. I have the same muscle soreness like i would if i worked out the night before. Do you guys do anything to help muscle soreness? I just been trying to eat right and taking my protein shakes.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
In addition to eating right and getting enough rest make sure you're staying hydrated, especially now that it's summer. A lot people walk around in a state of mild dehydration which has a detrimental effect on pretty much every aspect of how your body functions, including repairing damaged muscle tissue.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My UPS candy, 800mg Motrin and 50mg Tramadol in the morning. Followed by 45 minutes of stretching and I'm good to go for the day.

old levi's

blank space
I feel like i've been at the gym everytime i wake up. I have the same muscle soreness like i would if i worked out the night before. Do you guys do anything to help muscle soreness? I just been trying to eat right and taking my protein shakes.

While I'm on break, I have my route girlfriends massage my sore muscles with exotic scented oils.:bigsmile2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Have been for years. Had back and rotator cuff surgery. Helps take the edge off!

Is UPS aware of it and ok with it? I'm not giving you a hard time, just asking because of the side effects. I would think they might be concerned about it if they knew.

goetface

after a hard ass day unloading, I usually go home on fridays at about 4/5am and jump on my seatless bike and ride it down the railroad tracks back to the ups hub and then back home....just fires me up!

Aaron

I workout on top of the job. This forces me to stretch. I also do Yoga on Sunday and do a stretching routine on Wednesday (instead of a workout).

Oh, and sleep. Make sure you get enough sleep, your body will heal quicker.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I workout on top of the job. This forces me to stretch. I also do Yoga on Sunday and do a stretching routine on Wednesday (instead of a workout).

Oh, and sleep. Make sure you get enough sleep, your body will heal quicker.

I cant even imagine trying to workout after work. I don't get home until 7 and i am spent. My normal gym routine is pretty hardcore (squats , bench, deadlifts, rows, etc) none of the girly stuff. I would be caution about doing those heavy lifts and getting hurt due to fatigue. I guess my body will adapt soon and i can get back to pounding the weights at the gym.

DorkHead

It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told.

I ride my bike for one hour when I return home, unless I get home after 10pm. It helps relax me and unwind. I ride through rural neighborhoods and also an urban area. Very relaxing.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My POP would come home from working in the refinery and have a shot of wiskey personally I prefer celebrex and a large glass of wine