What do you do if you noticed there was money being docked out of your check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lovemyjb, Aug 7, 2015.

1. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

i recently just been injured and working light duty and money is being docked out of my check for no reason been going on for three weeks do you think management is playing games and can someone lose there job over it if i file a corporate complaint

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

What's being docked?

3. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

theres a negative under neather current pay rate
    current pay rate xx.xx
    regular xx.xx-
    regular xx.xx hours total
    total hours worked
    current totals xxx.xx
    theres no explanation of anything why and im married with kids lol and on top of it being on workerscomp

4. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask for your time card and see if there are edits, every edit is stamped with a log in id, that id is tied to a manager.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

interesting everytime i ask they avoid me

6. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Looks like you were over paid somewhere, had this happen once in 15 years where I had some 7 punch time that was incorrectly added.

7. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

like as if they have it out for me

8. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

i write down my hours worked even if they have me on light duty i should get my current pay rate but nothing adds up

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Paid for time Article 17, file for all hours you've been docked with penalty pay, bet that will get their attention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

there was no hours docked it was 30 one week the 44 the week after and 60 and the amounts did not add up to anything

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

When you come in for light duty are you filling out a time card or recording your hours, or are you putting times on a post it note and hoping management gets around to putting it in? You are your best advocate, you took the time to long on here and post, why not take the time to pursue this at your center?

12. lovemyjb

lovemyjb New Member

i was wounder if it is a cardinal sin if employees time cards are changed and the current pay rate gets docked

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

So you're on workman's comp and doing light duty? Shouldn't it be one or the other?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

Get with your shop steward, go to management and demand an explanation.

Seems simple enough to me

15. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Are you a sorter doing a non sorter job? That would explain the less pay.

16. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Correct----you cannot do both at the same time.

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Rather than think there is some sort of conspiracy against you simply request a meeting with your steward present to go over your concerns with management.

18. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

I take your getting a check from workmans comp ?

If your collecting workman comp why are you working ? You can't work and collect your either working TAW or your not and collecting workmans comp.

You need to talk to the HR person in your building not your SUP.

19. Future

Future Well-Known Member

but at times in my career at UPS i have felt that way.....its normal I think

20. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

If it were me, and $ were being deducted out of my check, I would track down the number to Payroll.
    They are the ones deducting it, and I would guess the best ones to explain the deductions?