What do you do to unwind after a long day?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I Do Less Work,

As many of the drivers on this forum rise about 5:00 am M - friend and between getting ready for work and travel time, arrive back home sometimes around 15 hours later, I'm sorry they appear SHALLOW to you. Perhaps you were a scientist or a professor before you started working at UPS. So they want to sip a brew or watch a show or kick back and be a bit silly after returning home at night. What a pity that everyone here isn't taking evening classes to educate themselves to become a college professor or a future astronaut. So sorry to disappoint you!!!

Not disappointed at all, the opposite. Thankfully the center manager won't give any 22.3's overtime at our building, because 8 hours is enough torture.

God bless anyone , if your life passion truely revolves around UPS and nothing else, if that's the case.....I'll quit the day that happens.

ForhimIlive

Well, First, when I get home, I like to put on my cloak. Then, I sit on the side of the bed to read my bible; my husband usually makes punch and cockies for me to eat. I love them. But if I get crumbs on the floor I get a lashing and have to carry the cross...

Google

I used to have a few beers......then it turned into a lot of beers......then it turned into a vodka and soda......then two.......then two before i got home....and two more at home and then three at home......I was killing a
750ml bottle of vodka a day. Stress and anxiety. I was about to explode then.....I called in sick for a year.

DS

Fenderbender
I turn on the tv,my computer,feed reggie and gypsy,crack a beer,and take a handful of brown hooded jackets.

over9five

Staff member
"First, when I get home, I like to put on my cloak."

First, when I get home, I like to put on my..............

MALE SHEER POWER SOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Very simple
I like to get laid:peaceful:

I think Pasaholic has the right idea. But if that isn't in my partners plans, I will have to do something else. No reefer here, and adult beverages are for the weekend. During the week, I will shower as soon as I get home and enjoy a great home cooked meal. I might watch TV if anything decent is on. I will read or surf the net. And of course enjoy the fine company of my other Brown Cafe members.:wink2:

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
beerbottlebluemoon.jpg

Two A Day Keeps Peak Away!

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I've got a 25 year old nephew that is married and has 2 great little kids. He spends every spare moment in the basement playing this Call of Duty game. I asked him if he enjoys war so much why don't he join the Army. He told me he couldn't stand to be away from his family. The sad thing is- that's what he is doing now.

I only play just after the family has gone to bed.... But sometimes I follow the wife to bed :)

browniehound

Very simple
I like to get laid:peaceful:

I do too, problem is I'm too frggin tired so this is usually done before work.

I like to do what scratch does, have a nice home cooked meal, surf the 'net and maybe watch one of the local sports shows if I get home early enough. I read right before going to bed. The thing about our job (working like dogs) is that it makes simple activities such as these so much better. If I was unemployed and sitting around the house all day the above activities would bring me much less enjoyment.

Also, after a 99 degree summer day I like to grab an ice cold single and drink it on the ride home. Its the little things in life:peaceful:

diesel96

beerbottlebluemoon.jpg

Two A Day Keeps Peak Away!

with an orange wedge?....

Once in a "Blue Moon" I like to take a ride to the local pier and see what's biting after work which is about at sunrise for me. It's very tranquil and relaxing. Can't imagine why I get strange looks purchasing a beer at 600 am in the morning at the local convience store with my UPS shirt on.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
Mon - Thur I rarely do much more than shower, eat, and watch a little TV. I'm just too tired!!! But come friday, I'm ready to go out with my wife to a little bar/restaurant and have a couple Captain and cokes and maybe a shot of B&B, Then I start to forget how tired I am and start relaxing. Then we enjoy a nice meal together.