What Do You Give Your Preloader and/or Helper For Christmas?

S

splozi

My loader has been there 23 years. Prolly makes close to what I do an hour. $50 is plenty.

Your loader is probably good then.

I didn't know drivers tip their loaders/helpers for Christmas. I hope I get something! I've only been working there for a few months, but my drivers always complement me on my loads.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Tipping is to show appreciation. As a driver I am thankful to get one. Fine if I dont. No matter where you work or what you do its always nice to be appreciated.
In my ever so humble opinion, we do not get any kind words from mgmt, they dont get any kind words from their mgmt, and since we are in this together, we need to show each other that while the company as a whole does not apppreciate us uniquely, we appreciate each other.
Seasons Beatings to all.

AssistantSanta

My driver's route is mostly residential, mostly DR FDs with maybe 5% sig required.
Good holiday wishes and excited kids, but no tip.

Not even a dime from those demanding consignees who want their stuff carried inside to their doorway instead of piling them up on porch.

kingOFchester

I give all my loaders tips all year long.

"Try not to put package for 218 on car 219."
"If you notice a ton of packages that all look alike going to the same shelf, drop them to the floor and keep the odd ball packages on the shelf"
"huge irreg overweight package put on tail end"
"try not to put the soft, lite, little, box under an over 70"
"Helps to have the labels facing front"
"if the box looks like an according, leave it out"
"Try not to hide the air's somewhere in the load"
"if you are feeling gassy, try to keep it out of the truck"