What do you guys think?

Travwise

This morning our on road sup had a member of the safety committee go through the building and turn the volume down to zero on random package cars. Then during the PCM briefly mentioned to check the volume on our cameras. The plan was to re-check the volumes tomorrow to see if we noticed. I caught him in the act in my car and told all the other drivers so the little plot failed but...

Am I the only one that thinks this is idiotic? Don't we have enough to worry about without management purposefully setting us up? Tampering with safety equipment? They wonder why drivers are all conspiracy theorists...

Anyway have a good night y'all.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
A few mondays ago...a safety manager randomly left plastic straps along several of the belt walkways before preload started to see whether we'd pick them up or leave them laying there for someone to bust an ankle on,

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There's no way a safety commitee member should of agreed to tamper with safety equipment. There's your problem.

Our safety commitee members are two of the biggest runners in the building. All of our debent ones quit. They said I'm not doing this when you try to get me to work unsafe everyday.

Brownslave688

A few mondays ago...a safety manager randomly left plastic straps along several of the belt walkways before preload started to see whether we'd pick them up or leave them laying there for someone to bust an ankle on,
Not only would I have picked them up. I always tear them apart so they are no longer a hazard.

Brownslave688

Did this manager hover over them to get back to his air conditioned office?

Cementups

Box Monkey
This would fail in my truck as I NEVER use the volume. It's always turned all the way down. If it's up it freaks me out hearing the extra noises.

*on the newer digital cameras/tvs, even if you turn the volume the whole way down, the ned time you start the truck up it will be back at a preset minimum volume.

9.5er

Couple weeks ago the Dm was in the building. We had a PCM on proper pretrips. The driver next to me found his gas cap hanging loose. Sure enough the Dm was around the corner eyeballin our line to see if we did our pretrip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There's no way a safety commitee member should of agreed to tamper with safety equipment. There's your problem.

Our safety commitee members are two of the biggest runners in the building. All of our debent ones quit. They said I'm not doing this when you try to get me to work unsafe everyday.

You are assuming that the camera is a piece of safety equipment.

Would you refuse to operate your PC if the camera was not working?

I have no problem with what the SC members did. I wonder how many drivers even noticed.

Brownslave688

I have forced them to replace a camera before so yes.

Second that was the whole point of the PCM was to use the volume to aid in safety.

I'm pretty sure the center manager wasn't making sure the speakers were Loud enough for the drivers to play their music through.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You are assuming that the camera is a piece of safety equipment.

Would you refuse to operate your PC if the camera was not working?

I have no problem with what the SC members did. I wonder how many drivers even noticed.

The camera is to be used as a third mirror. Therefore, it is a piece of safety equipment.

I guess you would leave the building with a broken mirror and depend on your unicorns and bluebirds to warn of dangers behind you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The camera is to be used as a third mirror. Therefore, it is a piece of safety equipment.

I guess you would leave the building with a broken mirror and depend on your unicorns and bluebirds to warn of dangers behind you.

No but I wouldn't shut it down if a mirror or the camera broke during the day.