What do you think about NATO?

Upsee

Are NATO missions justified or not, what do you think? Also you can name any missions that you know of..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A big arse Nato' ripped through my trailer park!
th

Upsee

NATO finally stopping another genocide in the heart of Europe after not acting earlier in the Balkans.
Ok, I think I can see how you formed your opinion. My question is, what is the definition of genocide and where in Balkans has it happened previously? My guess is you are reffering to Bosnia. My research is that a certain number of murders constitutes a genocide, lowest number I could find is 10,000 and that hasn't happened anywhere in Balkans in the 90's. It has happened though during world war II in that region orchestrated by Croatians and it was a genocide on Serbian people, the numbers were anywhere from 700,000-1,000,000 murdered civilians.

PT Car Washer

Ok, I think I can see how you formed your opinion. My question is, what is the definition of genocide and where in Balkans has it happened previously? My guess is you are reffering to Bosnia. My research is that a certain number of murders constitutes a genocide, lowest number I could find is 10,000 and that hasn't happened anywhere in Balkans in the 90's. It has happened though during world war II in that region orchestrated by Croatians and it was a genocide on Serbian people, the numbers were anywhere from 700,000-1,000,000 murdered civilians.
You believe 10,000 innocent deaths was not genocide?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

Upsee

You believe 10,000 innocent deaths was not genocide?
That is what I was going to get to.. Certainly is atrocity, that isn't the point. One innocet people that dies is one too many, certainly is a crime. I was gonna get to the part where I say it did not happen.

Upsee

I was slowly trying to arrive to a conclusion that NATO committed a crime by bombing innocent civilians on both Serbian and Albanian side to so called prevent a genocide or what not.

PT Car Washer

I was slowly trying to arrive to a conclusion that NATO committed a crime by bombing innocent civilians on both Serbian and Albanian side to so called prevent a genocide or what not.
NATO struck mostly military targets early in the air campaign. Only later did NATO strike government infrastructure to force an end to hostilities. Also bombed a Chinese diplomatic building by mistake.