What do you think of the hand truck?

Siveriano

At our center we were told they were UPS property so that we were not allowed to lock them. Yet all others centers chain theirs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I hate when preload moves it so they can put packages there. Then it slides around all morning until I can clear a space to get it secured.

This is why I put mine in the cab in front of the jump seat when I park at night and put it just behind the bulkhead door when I leave to start my day. This keeps it out of Dustin's way and makes sure that I have it each day.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Sounds a lot like Orion...

What i do?

Tires being flat? Get solid rubber tires.

I got my name n work phone number (Freedompop obama stye phone) on my hand cart.

I ask for a UPS style hand cart from my subcontractor once and he says it's too expensive. Just take this harbor freight one...

onewithedd

I am not a fan of the new ones. The fold down thing takes up over half the lip. If I had my own route, I would take that part off. Remove the temptation to overload it and hurt myself.
I did exactly that. Had the mechanic remove the arm then, dropped it to some one in my route and had them weld two aluminum fenders over the tires that help stabilize boxes and scrape snow off the tires

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Never wanted to lock mine in the back of the truck and be in the way of the loader.....

so I came up with a way to lock a length of chain in such a way that the extension could not be let down, and nothing could be stacked on the lower plate.

An utterly useless hand-truck doesn't get stolen.

MC0493

I hate when preload moves it so they can put packages there. Then it slides around all morning until I can clear a space to get it secured.

Or put it in the cab and load so much sh it in there it won't go back in.

This. I've had the same loader for like a month and a half now, he always puts the hand cart in the cab and proceeds to jam the front end of the truck. You can sometimes hardly walk in there let alone find a place for the hand truck. Spend all morning with it flying around getting in my way til enough crap is gone so i can secure it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This. I've had the same loader for like a month and a half now, he always puts the hand cart in the cab and proceeds to jam the front end of the truck. You can sometimes hardly walk in there let alone find a place for the hand truck. Spend all morning with it flying around getting in my way til enough crap is gone so i can secure it.

Have you tried using the jump seat seat belt to secure it in the cab until there is enough room in the cargo area?