What do you think would happen?

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
....if ALL the drivers got on the 9.5 list and picked one week (the same week for everybody) to enforce your right and file a grievance if you worked more than that in three days?

I know not everybody works over 9.5 and I know there are people out there who want the work.  And I know this would never happen.  I'm just asking hypothetically as a collective what do you think would happen?

Johney

What about if they purposely leave a couple guys light at the beginning of the week to help over 9.5ers at the end of the week? What if it always the same guys?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS would just pay the grievances and keep doing what they're doing

local management is just taking orders direct from corporate; you think corporate gives a **** about your grievances?

Integrity

Binge Poster

local management is just taking orders direct from corporate; you think corporate gives a **** about your grievances?
TearsInRain,

My experience has shown me that local management don't like taking orders from corporate.

Just my observation.

Sincerely,
I

texan

TearsInRain,

My experience has shown me that local management don't like taking orders from corporate.

Just my observation.

Sincerely,
I

I have never observed this where I work within the company.
If Corporate puts out a directive, it is followed ASAP.
I have never observed any management person following it with dislike or hesitation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have never observed any management person following it with dislike or hesitation.
texan,

I have and often.

How does the management in your area do with following and enforcing the Corporate Safety Directives given out daily on calendars?

Epic failures in maintaining egress, using load stands to name 2. Both of these are mentioned on the calendars often. These calendars are from corporate.

How about package care?

How does the management in your area do with following and enforcing package care? (A corporate directive.)

Epic failures in dropping, throwing, and crushing on the conveyor system of packages.

All smalls in totes. Corporate Directive.

Not being a smart aleck, honestly asking you how your area rates?

My area rates poorly.

Sincerely,
I

texan

texan,

I have and often.

How does the management in your area do with following and enforcing the Corporate Safety Directives given out daily on calendars?

Epic failures in maintaining egress, using load stands to name 2. Both of these are mentioned on the calendars often. These calendars are from corporate.

How about package care?

How does the management in your area do with following and enforcing package care? (A corporate directive.)

Epic failures in dropping, throwing, and crushing on the conveyor system of packages.

All smalls in totes. Corporate Directive.

Not being a smart aleck, honestly asking you how your area rates?

My area rates poorly.

Sincerely,
I

I provided a generalization, and I will not provide details.

I do not bash UPS as they provide my income, by G_d's Grace.

Yes I am loyal. NO I AM NOT Management.

If I see things posted that might be true and need improvement, I will not comment.

I try, and not do so well in other Threads to practice and post what the Jewish Apostle Paul wrote:
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, menpleasers; but in
singleness of heart, fearing God.

HULKAMANIA

Sadly you kinda have to agree with what hes saying here. In my neck of the woods anyway filing for 9.5's does absolutely nothing. Which is why there needs to be stronger language and different pay scales for such problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You need to search no further than this forum for evidence to contradict your claim. We had DIAD training regarding the new corporate directive on how to sheet damages. There were center manager's that told their drivers to disregard the training and to continue to sheet damages the way that they had been doing it all along. This would be disregarding a directive from corporate.

Cementups

Box Monkey
....if ALL the drivers got on the 9.5 list and picked one week (the same week for everybody) to enforce your right and file a grievance if you worked more than that in three days?

I know not everybody works over 9.5 and I know there are people out there who want the work. And I know this would never happen. I'm just asking hypothetically as a collective what do you think would happen?

Maybe you should come to our building then. We have two centers and the center that I am not in has regular practice of sending guys out with 10 hours or more. In the last few weeks new regime in our local has pushed more drivers to file 9.5 grievances and file them they have. 11 were filed today.
Sadly some guys are saying "it's no big deal" but as I told one of them, even if it's only 4 minutes over (as he was) and you allow it, then the next day it will be 10 then 20 then 45 and so on. And if they are going to go out over 9.5 then you may as well file and get paid. It's not like it takes a lot of time to file anyway.

Packmule

The 9.5 grievance proceedure, to be effective, must be something you commit to daily. That is precisely why it is so ineffective. Most people just want to come to work and do a good job and go home. They don't like living in constant conflict that is required by the exhaustive 9.5 shell game. That is why I put in the proposal that overtime rates, (starting at 9.5) be jacked up considerably. Only then will there be a system in place that acts as a deterent to excessive overtime, starting from the first minute the first day. Cool thing is, it doesn't go away in December like the 9.5 program either.
And if you want the hours, sign a roster and be removed from the higher overtime rates. Fine with me. I'm a freedom loving guy!

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera

I think they would if we all took a stand.  It might make the difference of management adding an extra car and an extra driver on road.  They most likely wouldn't, but at some point don't you think corporate would change their mind if it would be cheaper to add a car than pay grievances at TRIPLE TIME?  This is assuming everybody is on the 9.5 list and everybody files.  (Yeah I know I'm living in a dream world.) 

Think about this people:  Would you rather be paid the standard overtime $47.57 after 9.5 hours or $95.15? 

Part of my underlying theme of this post was unity and how strong the union would be if we all banded together and followed the contract.  I like the overtime but not every flippin day.  It wears me out.  I'm thankful there's language in the contract that addresses excessive overtime.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This is exactly right which is why we have to make overtime cost enough that it hurts their pocket book it's the only solution.

Brownslave688

I think they would if we all took a stand. It might make the difference of management adding an extra car and an extra driver on road. They most likely wouldn't, but at some point don't you think corporate would change their mind if it would be cheaper to add a car than pay grievances at TRIPLE TIME? This is assuming everybody is on the 9.5 list and everybody files. (Yeah I know I'm living in a dream world.)

Think about this people: Would you rather be paid the standard overtime $47.57 after 9.5 hours or $95.15?

Part of my underlying theme of this post was unity and how strong the union would be if we all banded together and followed the contract. I like the overtime but not every flippin day. It wears me out. I'm thankful there's language in the contract that addresses excessive overtime.

Worked 3 days of my vacation this week got 10 hours of OT my truck is gonna have one sweet sounding exhaust lol.

packageguy

I know not everybody works over 9.5 and I know there are people out there who want the work. And I know this would never happen. I'm just asking hypothetically as a collective what do you think would happen?

remember, before you go on 9.5 list , you get an 3 day ride ( ojs ) whatever your 3 day average is, is your new stop count. That is the number they will hold you to. It's now called demostrated level of production. If you can not miantain your ojs 1st offense warning letter, 2nd notice of suspense and 3rd notice friend discharge. All I say is be careful for what you wish for........

Brownslave688

Has anyone ever actually been fired for this. Contract states fair days work fair days pay. That can change a lot depending on the day.

clarnzz

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

clarnzz

remember, before you go on 9.5 list , you get an 3 day ride ( ojs ) whatever your 3 day average is, is your new stop count. That is the number they will hold you to. It's now called demostrated level of production. If you can not miantain your ojs 1st offense warning letter, 2nd notice of suspense and 3rd notice friend discharge. All I say is be careful for what you wish for........

Have you ever seen someone terminated for this? This is UPS scare tactics at it's best and shame on the driver who can't follow at least 200 of the 300+ plus methods during these rides to make it the worst production day they ever saw.