What do you think would happen?

iruhnman630

Worked 3 days of my vacation this week got 10 hours of OT my truck is gonna have one sweet sounding exhaust lol.
So you worked three prime summer days after taking away a lower seniority drivers' opportunity to have those 3 days off.

Our local put a stop to this practice, and rightly so.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Working a vacation week should not be allowed. Our union negotiated a rather generous amount of vacation to give our bodies and minds a much needed rest.
Can imagine the company negotiators sitting across from Mr. Hall next year proposing to reduce the amount of vacation time offered since many of us choose to work through them anyways.

JDoe123

ad astra per aspera
TearsinRain says corporate could not care less about a 9.5 grievance.  Littleboybrown says you may be fired if you file and don't meet the 3 day average on an OJS ride.  If corporate didn't care, why would they give out warning letters for production for a 9.5 grievance?  

Littleboy, are you implying that people are going to work slower if they're on the list?  I work the same everyday on average.  A little bit fired up one day, a little tired the next but I believe it averages out to a fair day.  If everybody at your center got on the list and did not meet their "level of production" expectation what would happen if there were notices of discharge being handed out?  And I have never heard of anybody being fired for this.  Has anybody?  If this was enforced there would be language in the contract about it.

Again, my point was union strength.  There's power in numbers.  If you're (not you specifically, Littleboy) going to complain about excessive overtime get on the list.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So you worked three prime summer days after taking away a lower seniority drivers' opportunity to have those 3 days off.

Our local put a stop to this practice, and rightly so.

Working a vacation week should not be allowed. Our union negotiated a rather generous amount of vacation to give our bodies and minds a much needed rest.
Can imagine the company negotiators sitting across from Mr. Hall next year proposing to reduce the amount of vacation time offered since many of us choose to work through them anyways.

This is a contract violation in some Supplemental Agreements.

Sincerely,
I

packageguy

Have you ever seen someone terminated for this? This is UPS scare tactics at it's best and shame on the driver who can't follow at least 200 of the 300+ plus methods during these rides to make it the worst production day they ever saw.

To my knowledge I know there are two drivers in jersey not sure of building, notice of discharge for not mantaining there ojs. I will try to find out more. But like you said scare tactics, throw sh** against the wall see what stricks.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I provided a generalization, and I will not provide details.

I do not bash UPS as they provide my income, by G_d's Grace.

Yes I am loyal. NO I AM NOT Management.

If I see things posted that might be true and need improvement, I will not comment.

I try, and not do so well in other Threads to practice and post what the Jewish Apostle Paul wrote:
Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, menpleasers; but in
singleness of heart, fearing God.
texan,

I am not sure of what you were referring to when you said you provided a generalization, can you clarify?

I don't bash UPS. I am grateful too, it has allowed me to provide for my family for a long, long time.

If I am bashing UPS please challenge me. I do not want to do this.

What I do want to do is speak the truth.

Staying silent is not right.

Everyone who works for UPS works for a corporation not a person.

Although we are under the command of others, we are all under the command of the corporation.

In our jobs our allegience and our loyalty must be first to the corporation while working under others.

We must never place what others say or direct over what the corporation says or directs.

UPS(the corporation) wants every employee to work by the UPS Policy Book, the UPS Code of Business Conduct.

In these documents it is clear that the corporation wants Integrity to be at the core of everything we do.

It these documents it is clear that we are to report anything that may be harming the corporation.

We are supposed to talk about problems and seek solutions.

I have said enough for now, my friend.

Sincerely,
I