What do you think?

peak932

I went down a long drive way, was very tight to get around, maybe scraped front bumper 6" by slightly rubbing up against big boulder/ rocks , not sure if it was there before the day or not; Had to back all the way out couldn't turn around.. Tapped overhead / garage door a bit.. got out saw no damage but I did call it in; No sup was on duty since it was late at night; just told the person who takes calls at night that i possibly did damage at such and such address; didn't tell home owners...

I'm trying to qualify

peak932

I should be qualified by now since I been driving for several weeks, If I technically am already qualified what would I except to get?
So if I'm not qualified I get terminated, If I'm qualified; what can I expect?

Is there anything i should have done differently or approached differently?

Last edited:
T

Turdferguson

I should be qualified by now since I been driving for several weeks, If I technically am already qualified what would I except to get?
So if I'm not qualified I get terminated, If I'm qualified; what can I expect?
Depends on what the home owner does.

peak932

I don't think the home owner will notice anything;And i inspected the scene carefully and didn't notice anything out of place just the small scrape on my front bumper; since the house was an old farm house; if they do NOT call it in; what do I get?
DO you think I should have told the home owner possible damage or was telling my operator enough?
I told my "operator" that i scraped up against some rocks and what not but didn't really any thing about the scrape on the truck because i might have been there before, since theres a lot of dings and dents on the truck

I'm hoping just telling the operator that i just scraped up against some rocks and possible damage would be enough to cover my butt... I'm more worried about an unreported accident which I know would terminate me qualified or not qualified

The Driver

I drive.
You gotta either report every accident or don't tell anyone and hope they don't notice, dude. Even if you qualified already, they can walk you out the door for not reporting an accident to a supervisor. Let us know what happens.

peak932

How is what I did not reporting an accident ?

I called my center letting them know I did possible damage.. I would think that would cover any possible to damage to truck or house... He told me he wrote it down what i said and the house it happened at.

What should I have done differently ?

The Driver

I drive.

I called my center letting them know I did possible damage.. I would think that would cover any possible to damage to truck or house... He told me he wrote it down what i said and the house it happened at.

Did you stick around long enough for the person at the center to at least attempt to contact a supervisor? If you did your part then maybe you're okay.

T

Turdferguson

Should have told the home owner, and taken some pictures.
Not trying to freak you out but if they go out and beat the crap out of the garage it will be your word against theirs and UPS will take their word for it

peak932

Ok thanks everyone....

Well at least they couldn't get me for completely not reporting any damage... Because he did take note of what happened... So time will tell

O

OLDMAN3

Find out your BA's or steward's phone # and tell him everything.
If you called it in you are should not be let go for an unreported accident, just don't lie.
Your manager may ignore it.
If you are qualified, you will just get a warning letter, if you don't lie.

barnyard

KTM rider
Future reference. Stay out of residential driveways. Had you not gone down there you wouldn't be in this situation.

This is true to a certain degree. There are some driveways that are too long to not go down. However, if they look hella tight from the road, there is no point in forcing it. Time for a walk, especially if you are not familiar with the area.

Some driveways are tight close to the road, but open up to nice turn arounds or circles, but until I know for sure, I walk them off.

peak932

Future reference. Stay out of residential driveways. Had you not gone down there you wouldn't be in this situation.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/what-do-you-think.365945/#ixzz3iu7RGhAr

Actually usually i'm very good at walking stuff off... I have walked off several tops that day of at least 100 yards...

This was a heavily wooded area and the driveway looked very long, several hundred feet driveway, i could tell the house was an old farmhouse based on the surroundings; I thought for sure there would be nice big turn around, i was very wrong

I guess i'll know my fate monday morning for sure? I guess these kinds of events unfold fairly quickly?
I personally feel optimistic about the situation but was indeed a good learning experience either way of the outcome

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You gotta either report every accident or don't tell anyone and hope they don't notice, dude. Even if you qualified already, they can walk you out the door for not reporting an accident to a supervisor. Let us know what happens.
Yeah this is one of those catch 22's. My boss would say why did you call this in? Now I have to report.

But don't call it in and get fired.