What do you think?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
This is true to a certain degree. There are some driveways that are too long to not go down. However, if they look hella tight from the road, there is no point in forcing it. Time for a walk, especially if you are not familiar with the area.

Some driveways are tight close to the road, but open up to nice turn arounds or circles, but until I know for sure, I walk them off.
Exactly. On rural routes, even semi rural routes, you can't avoid every driveway, but when I used to work in the woods I would always walk them off the first time if I couldn't see the end of the driveway from the road. If I knew a buddy who knew the route I would call them if it looked hella long and was questionable.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Actually usually i'm very good at walking stuff off... I have walked off several tops that day of at least 100 yards...

This was a heavily wooded area and the driveway looked very long, several hundred feet driveway, i could tell the house was an old farmhouse based on the surroundings; I thought for sure there would be nice big turn around, i was very wrong

I guess i'll know my fate monday morning for sure? I guess these kinds of events unfold fairly quickly?
I personally feel optimistic about the situation but was indeed a good learning experience either way of the outcome
Better a 27 point turn than backing a half mile and hitting something.

When learning a new rural area, more than once I had to knock on someone's door, admit my mistake and humbly ask if they could move a car for me or if it was ok if my tires went on the grass a little. In the wet season in the Spring don't do it no matter what they say because you will ruin the lawn even if you're in a little 500 or 700.

barnyard

KTM rider
Even when you do down a driveway with a known turn around, you still have to be prepared to drive in and see 10 cars jamming the place up for a party. The best way to avoid a driveway crash is to slow down to give yourself time to react to whatever is there.

BrownTexas

This is true to a certain degree. There are some driveways that are too long to not go down. However, if they look hella tight from the road, there is no point in forcing it. Time for a walk, especially if you are not familiar with the area.

Some driveways are tight close to the road, but open up to nice turn arounds or circles, but until I know for sure, I walk them off.
If I can't see the house, I don't know if they have dogs or not. Bag it and leave it at the gate/driveway.

Anthonysg0113

Actually usually i'm very good at walking stuff off... I have walked off several tops that day of at least 100 yards...

This was a heavily wooded area and the driveway looked very long, several hundred feet driveway, i could tell the house was an old farmhouse based on the surroundings; I thought for sure there would be nice big turn around, i was very wrong

I guess i'll know my fate monday morning for sure? I guess these kinds of events unfold fairly quickly?
I personally feel optimistic about the situation but was indeed a good learning experience either way of the outcome
Have someone pull up the google earth view of an address on Orion's programming.

barnyard

KTM rider
If I can't see the house, I don't know if they have dogs or not. Bag it and leave it at the gate/driveway.

We can do that in the winter or after a bad rain where the driveway could be soft. Any other times, we are expected to make a good effort at getting it up to the house.

Yesterday, I had a package, on the label it read, "Deliver at house, not at gate" as part of the address. The driveway had a gate across and it was chained and locked. Left it at the gate and called the center, so they would know what to say when the consignee called in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can do that in the winter or after a bad rain where the driveway could be soft. Any other times, we are expected to make a good effort at getting it up to the house.

Yesterday, I had a package, on the label it read, "Deliver at house, not at gate" as part of the address. The driveway had a gate across and it was chained and locked. Left it at the gate and called the center, so they would know what to say when the consignee called in.
Man I have had some great arguments with OMS about going through gates.

I don't do it.

ManInBrown

I've walked off quarter mile stops. paid by the hour.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If I clip a rock, that's a "oh well", move on. Every couple of months or so, the shop touches up things with some brown paint.

If there was no evidence to the garage, why say anything?

peak932

That's what I thought, But thats why i didn't really even bother saying to the home owner because i didn't see any damage but maybe i missed something, so in that case i figured id call and leave a message at my center saying "possible damage" just to cover my butt