What does a data capture clerk do? ON TOPIC

Arch

My hub recently put out a new combo bid sheet and they have data capture clerk/hub sorter available at a hub closer to my house then the one I'm currently working at. I ask a few co-workers what does a data capture clerk do and none of them seem to be sure. Has anybody done it? If so what do you do and do you like it?

My second question, can you be a combo(ex. sorter/loader) and also do Saturday Air driving? I'm looking to maximize more hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My hub recently put out a new combo bid sheet and they have data capture clerk/hub sorter available at a hub closer to my house then the one I'm currently working at. I ask a few co-workers what does a data capture clerk do and none of them seem to be sure. Has anybody done it? If so what do you do and do you like it?

My second question, can you be a combo(ex. sorter/loader) and also do Saturday Air driving? I'm looking to maximize more hours.

Data capture clerks do address corrections.

Art. 22 hours are capped at 40 (no overtime) so you will not be able to drive on Saturday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459903827.281485.jpg

PT Car Washer

You could work Saturday air if one of your combo jobs was air driving. You would fall in after PT air drivers and before FT package car drivers.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@Arch , it's unlikely you would be able to work Saturday Air driving because of the seniority order. See Article 40, and/or ask a steward or business agent what the local practice is. Also, depending on your regular shift hours, would you be in compliance with DOT hours of Service (10 hours off)?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I have worked different jobs as a clerk FT combo in hub and preload, etc. It's an okay gig. "D-CAP" And as a 22.3 FT inside/inside, you won't be driving. Your DOT card will be allowed to expire.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It really comes down to district and not local management for OT policies. The center manager just does what he/she is told. At least that is what I heard.

You are correct.

Probably. One of the several center manager's we had didn't like my OT. The others didn't care. I got sent out a lot in the morning for air and to help drivers.

And, at peak, all the rules go out the window.

Overpaid Union Thug

Does your local allow you to bid on jobs that are available in other buildings?