What does it mean?

Hired last year as an off the street hire. Didn't perform too well got let go. Came back before peak accrued days. Worked all of peak. As soon as peak was over got another lay-off. Came back a month later to run cover. With 1 day left to attain seniority I was laid off. Now the thing is I've accumulated optional days and personal days. I've also gotten a raise to 19.50 a hr. I've also have been receiving mail from the union but I've never paid dues. Also all the holidays I've been getting them paid. Did somebody screw up?

Sent using BrownCafe App

jaker

trolling
Welcome to being screwed, what's happening to you now is a glimpse into your future with ups

They don't have plans on you becoming a full time worker and will keep up what they are doing if you let them

johnny_hotdog

Try again? Sounds like they are stringing you along. Either they don't think you are quite fast/good enough yet or they just don't want you to get your seniority. I'm honestly dont think there is much you can do but it's always a good idea to talk to people in your local.

If they keep telling you to show up keep doing it. Call down to the hall and tell them you want to pay your initiation and any back dues. I have a feeling you got hired and nobody told you because either poor communication or you just not understanding the process. Pay your dues keep working and figure out what happens at a later date. After a while if they did screw up you can fight this battle after you are a dues paying member and in the union.