What does "MC" mean in MC MAN/WOMAN/BOY/GIRL ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by AssistantSanta, Nov 23, 2011.

1. AssistantSanta

AssistantSanta New Member

They say at the center "Met Customer" but technically, UPS' customer is the consignor and delivery guy don't usually meet them except for pickups.

So, does it mean "Met Customer" or does it mean "Met Consignee" ?
  2. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Not sure. But this question will be answered soon by more knowledgeable members.

I also joined Nov 2011, so welcome.
    By the way, don't you love our many acronyms we use in our buisness? :happy2:
  3. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

met customer
  4. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

I once had a customer approach me asking about a missing package. He said he called UPS, and they said the driver gave it to "McMann", and he didn't know any McMann.

Three days later, it hit my that some probably new customer service person didn't know that MC Man was really "Met Customer Man"!!!
  5. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

LMAO Ovah! That's funny.:happy-very: As to the MC, does it really matter? Met Customer/ Met Consignee, all the same thing. Here, it's always been met customer. :peaceful:
  6. outta hours

outta hours Active Member

7. Tmerritt530

Tmerritt530 New Member

Lol the driver on the route my house is in puts met customer boy a lot on me. I never batted an eye at the MC part :)
  8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

so wait, when my driver puts that in for me it doesn't mean Master of Ceremonies?
  9. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I thought you all were talking about Multiple Clavinisms again !!
  10. boxhandler

boxhandler New Member

I've always been told "made contact"
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

When you get your next residential Driver Follow Up you will see MC spelled out as Met Customer.