What Does ORION Stand For?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
rED DOBIE ADULT.jpg
RED DOBIE PUPPY.jpg
View attachment 16626
She was 6 on July 4th. Firecracker baby.
I always loved the red dobies. Cool looking color also like yours.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have no clue what its called but today it was the most totally, insane, assinine, jumble of streets, pulls, crosses, and I think it had to have been hacked, coz had i followed it to a t which I try to do...I would still be out there. And I dont want to be out there. Besides my boss said he needs better days out of me. LMFAOALWTTBank.
If you're spread out further than you normally would be and the mileage comes out over plan it gets more aggressive and tries to save 50 feet here, 50 feet there and it gets ugly.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you're spread out further than you normally would be and the mileage comes out over plan it gets more aggressive and tries to save 50 feet here, 50 feet there and it gets ugly.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck
No actually It was tighter. BUT. I had 9 air stops, 78 pcs, with major paving. Left bldg at 931, got to area 948. It was a major houdini act dodging the traffic police, trying to figure out how to get around it all. I just got my 30 yrs of service award, and I didnt want to mar my day with late air. LOL. So now I have already messed up the "solution" because life happened. Then I had to pull for oca and pickups which were recently added, and it had me doing like 30 stops before I got to the meat of my aft noon commercial, which I didnt follow, because I got held in traffic by some cop who forgot to let the n-s lane people go, til some guy having a smoke went to him,, and pointed to me!!!! So now I am really perplexed. How do I put this cluster mess back together? All I know is I was told to have a better day and I didnt. Thank the Union for the 9.5 list. I will have a better one tomorrow.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Orion really means stupid won't work in real world to many variables
I was 29 miles over yesterday, hows that for stupid? I had to pull back to so many places, or sit and wait.............so I delivered out of Orion sequense to stay near, so I broke trace, or add miles, I dont know what should I do? I just use common sense, and prepare for the beatings, LOL.

wayfair

swollen member
I was 29 miles over yesterday, hows that for stupid? I had to pull back to so many places, or sit and wait.............so I delivered out of Orion sequense to stay near, so I broke trace, or add miles, I dont know what should I do? I just use common sense, and prepare for the beatings, LOL.

"In Orion, Not found"

wayfair

swollen member
So when you call it not found, what do ya all sheet it as if you find it? Missed?
I'd simply call or send message that I have found it... I've already busted my knee climbing over stuff to get to section 8 during my air run... fell one good time that made me consider the safety of doing such actions... EDD is easier to follow and allows work to be delivered as you arrive to it and it is properly loaded where it needs be... not the random, section 6,7,8,1,3,1,1,1,8 order

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Delivered?
On Orion You do not go back to a missed stop, unless you get permission. And when no one is left at the building with the authority to do that, The question is, what do you sheet it as?
By 3pm you are to go through your load and send in any misloads, and not founds, and they are to instruct you what to do with them. If they do not, they are missed.
Problem is it is not a perfect world, sometimes you dont find one til 6, then you just failed to do your job properly, because we all know by three there is basically nothing left in the car, LOL.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
On Orion You do not go back to a missed stop, unless you get permission. And when no one is left at the building with the authority to do that, The question is, what do you sheet it as?
By 3pm you are to go through your load and send in any misloads, and not founds, and they are to instruct you what to do with them. If they do not, they are missed.
Problem is it is not a perfect world, sometimes you dont find one til 6, then you just failed to do your job properly, because we all know by three there is basically nothing left in the car, LOL.
That's your center's local instruction. In my last center that had Orion if we found a package loaded in the wrong area of the truck we delivered it, business as usual. If it was an off area we sheeted it missed.

tourists24

My center is the same as Toon's. You don't deliver anything extra without permission. I send misload information through the DIAD and unless I hear otherwise, it gets missed

ArcherUTR

My center is the same as Toon's. You don't deliver anything extra without permission. I send misload information through the DIAD and unless I hear otherwise, it gets missed

Misloads are one thing, finding dispatched work later on in the day is another. We have to get instructions on misloads and helping out another driver.

My center would expect me to deliver my own work when I was at the closest point again.

wayfair

swollen member

2 pm here