What does psb stand for in the pickup screen

DiadDude

You are now prompted to scan the PSB at all Hazmat shippers. In the future, there will be information about the packages you pick up in that QR code.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Have you guys noticed that some of the end of days don't even have a bar code anymore and you have to scan a qr code type of thing. .what is that for...do bar codes look too 80's..gotta try to keep up the image that we are a technology company with trucks..right.
This was discussed at our PCM last week. The QR code contains a lot more information than the bar code and will allow for better volume planning.

Have either of you actually been able to scan the QR code with the DIAD? Everytime we try it doesn't read. The loader scanners will catch it though.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
Looks like it saves quite a bit of ink.
All the printers for labels I've seen are thermal printers. No ink per se. I don't see the savings yet though, as you are still using a whole label to print on.

You are now prompted to scan the PSB at all Hazmat shippers. In the future, there will be information about the packages you pick up in that QR code.
I heard that as well. It'll give the evening shift clerk all the info they will need to process hazmats as well as internationals.

DiadDude

Have either of you actually been able to scan the QR code with the DIAD? Everytime we try it doesn't read. The loader scanners will catch it though.

You can only read the "QR" code on the End of Day at a scheduled pickup. The DIAD is configured to only look for standard barcodes during any other type of stop.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You can only read the "QR" code on the End of Day at a scheduled pickup. The DIAD is configured to only look for standard barcodes during any other type of stop.

The EOD doesnt have any barcodes anymore, just the QR code and the DIAD isn't scanning it. Maybe our DIADs need some software update but as of right now it don't work.

DiadDude

The EOD doesnt have any barcodes anymore, just the QR code and the DIAD isn't scanning it. Maybe our DIADs need some software update but as of right now it don't work.
There is an issue with some of the EODs that are preventing the DIADs from scanning them properly. A fix is currently being worked on for this issue. This issue only affects some of the new style EOD reports.

upschuck

All the printers for labels I've seen are thermal printers. No ink per se. I don't see the savings yet though, as you are still using a whole label to print on.
No ink or toner in thermal printers. The image is "burned" on the label.