What does the OJS code "VX2" mean?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
That is why many routes lose so much time and get more work added.

I don't stop complete it till I'm sitting in the seat after the delivery. So that is my time to get out walk and get back into the truck. Then start. Believe me. I am the one they bend over backwards to pull work off. I kill them with the methods else where

fres431

Take the Diad with you, scan the package(s) on the way to the stop, stop-complete at the delivery point.

It's not hard.
Will that goes against what they teach ya in package handling opposite sides on corners..they cherry pick what they wanna do and abide by, that's why I just do what I feel comfortable doing a friend the "safe work methods"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I heard different things on virtuals, that they average a few days, and others say just one day. Don't really know.
It's all a farce. Numbers had gotten so bad in my center a new center manager begged for new time studies. He knew his workers and knew most were doing an honest job. Well they did a virtual on the whole center and we lost something like 24 hours as a center. Only have about 50 routes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I never take the Diad out of the truck. Except for signatures. Which is about 15 a day. Otherwise it sits in the truck on the dash. Been that way since we had paper and clip boards
Just so you understand, you are screwing yourself everytime you do this.

I don't stop complete it till I'm sitting in the seat after the delivery. So that is my time to get out walk and get back into the truck. Then start. Believe me. I am the one they bend over backwards to pull work off. I kill them with the methods else where
And screwing everyone else with your splits.

Fragile

Just so you understand, you are screwing yourself everytime you do this.

It looks bad too if you ever get caught doing it on a observation. I go as far as going out of my way to load packages on a handtruck in such a way that labels face the sides so I can easily scan when I get to location.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I never take the Diad out of the truck. Except for signatures. Which is about 15 a day. Otherwise it sits in the truck on the dash. Been that way since we had paper and clip boards

I do that when the weather is bad. The numbers change big time in your favor when you stop complete away from the truck.

oldngray

nowhere special
I do that when the weather is bad. The numbers change big time in your favor when you stop complete away from the truck.

The numbers "should" change in your favor if it is an honest time study. Or UPS could just throw out the numbers it didn't like to ensure the outcome they want to see.

Future

Victory Ride
kermit_bent_over_sofa_sm.jpg
Was asked to put it into my board today via message and forgot to ask when I got back to the building. Thanks.

upschuck

It's all a farce. Numbers had gotten so bad in my center a new center manager begged for new time studies. He knew his workers and knew most were doing an honest job. Well they did a virtual on the whole center and we lost something like 24 hours as a center. Only have about 50 routes.
Moral of the story? Never force something that you have no control of how it turns out.

JackStraw

Those virtual time studies are a joke. It measures point to point walk distance. Say you park at end of driveway and use walk path to get to door. It will measure distance from truck to front door in a straight line. So it ASSUMES you cut the lawn, hopped the fence, went through the bushes etc.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My route is getting a time study on it (via grievance procedure). The allowances have never been right on it.
I scan on the way to the door, for the most part and stop complete at the door. At night is a different story. I scan in the truck where I can see WTH I'm going and so I can have a flashlight in hand on the way to the door.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
how would your allowance be if you jusy
Those virtual time studies are a joke. It measures point to point walk distance. Say you park at end of driveway and use walk path to get to door. It will measure distance from truck to front door in a straight line. So it ASSUMES you cut the lawn, hopped the fence, went through the bushes etc.
The whole system is a joke..The corporation can't give you a fair study because most people will slow down and won't do as much...When the numbers are where their at now some people will totally push their bodies and safety to the edge to try to keep up with them. It's a joke because some of the few guys left here who do make bonus are either always hurt or they walk around bragging about it and I know damn good and well they skipped their lunch and we're going at a pace that is unsafe especially in the long run. Ive had customers tell me about a couple drivers who cover for me..running loading packages in and out...maybe next time I'll get them to video the driver on their phone.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My route is getting a time study on it (via grievance procedure). The allowances have never been right on it.
I scan on the way to the door, for the most part and stop complete at the door. At night is a different story. I scan in the truck where I can see WTH I'm going and so I can have a flashlight in hand on the way to the door.
Well hey stranger....nice to see you again!!! Happy new year!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dilli are you able to explain why you had to grieve it to get a time study or why you even wanted one in the first place

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The numbers "should" change in your favor if it is an honest time study. Or UPS could just throw out the numbers it didn't like to ensure the outcome they want to see.

True. OJS me all you want. The results are the same, maybe worst for them.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't think they give anyone extra time for delivering in the dark...The post office has said straight up that production falls off a cliff at night so they try not to keep drivers out there if possible

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't think they give anyone extra time for delivering in the dark...The post office has said straight up that production falls off a cliff at night so they try not to keep drivers out there if possible

It is a cost sheet and not a performance sheet. When you are out late getting OT you have to work 1 1/2 times as fast to break even. Which is why your planned day will hit a wall and having extra stops hardly makes any difference. It is rigged for the company to load up as much work as possible on drivers instead of a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It is a cost sheet and not a performance sheet. When you are out late getting OT you have to work 1 1/2 times as fast to break even. Which is why your planned day will hit a wall and having extra stops hardly makes any difference. It is rigged for the company to load up as much work as possible on drivers instead of a fair days work for a fair days pay.
I know what I do out there and it is rigged. ..I've heard it come out of a center managers mouth...that's why some guys cut corners then get burned by telematics...you can't win