What does the republican party have to do to change its appeal?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Yup best I could come up with. You should know how to spell your presidents name. If not, well say it was a typo, otherwise, you make my point.
<shrug> spelling isnt my strong suit. It dosent change the fact that BOTH the Electoral college and Popular Vote were claimed ,and victory was declared VERY early in the night. Instead of focusing on the fact that Ah Caint Spail, I'm much more interested in the fact that since the 2009 Inaguruation the Economy has grown at an astonishing rate (The Stock Market in particular has had record growth) and because I invested heavily during the crash I can dang sure Spail Dividend Checks!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
<shrug> spelling isnt my strong suit. It dosent change the fact that BOTH the Electoral college and Popular Vote were claimed ,and victory was declared VERY early in the night. Instead of focusing on the fact that Ah Caint Spail, I'm much more interested in the fact that since the 2009 Inaguruation the Economy has grown at an astonishing rate (The Stock Market in particular has had record growth) and because I invested heavily during the crash I can dang sure Spail Dividend Checks!
Well you can go with that, congrats.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think the republican party need more people who like that their 401 k can grow without the government taking it, and holding it and investing it for us.
I think the republican party needs more people who believe in individual liberty instead of waiting for free money at the 1st of every month.
I think it needs to have more people who think, the less I have to interact with the govt, the better off I will be.
It needs more people who want answers to real questions, such as why were our tax dollars wasted on hi tech companies, rather than helping those who actually know how to make a product, a profit, and are still in business.
I think so many of our dem friends who voted for Obama, are the same ones who get peed off when they see the fraud in welfare, and see their money P***ed away in the wind. And our money going to countries who hate us. It needs to stop.
And if they do not shame on them.
It didnt start with Obama, it could end with him, if he is the visionary, smart person in the room, and then maybe even I would vote for a dem again.
Till then I will hold tight to my religion, my guns, my man, woman marriage, my personal responsibility, and try to keep my American dream.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
Re: What does the republican party have to do to change its appeal?
Originally Posted by TechGrrl
1) Get out of people's bedrooms.
2) Ditch the theocrats who insist that THEIR religious beliefs must be EVERYBODY'S religious beliefs. Honor the First Amendment with the same fervor they honor the Second Amendment.
3) Come up with an economic plan that benefits more than the 1/10th of 1%. Address the simple fact that real wages for the working people of this country have NOT benefited from the productivity gains of the last 30 years, a situation unprecedented in our history.

What was that about "keeping out of peoples bedroom"?

Don't progressives want people to know, understand and accept what happens in their bedrooms.
Seems to me there are parades, activists and demonstrators who blatantly flaunt their personal life for all to see.
They demand that everyone respect their lifestyle and to make everything about them known and become commonplace.
So why did you say that a people can't come out in support of their religion or beliefs.
Respect for the first amendment works both ways, religiously and profanely. To say "stop preaching about your religion so people can hear us preach on our lifestyles" seems like ignorance to me.

I never said people can't speak out in support of their religion; what I said was I would appreciate not being forced to live by YOUR religious beliefs. You can talk about them all you like; proselytize all of us in hope of converting us. But DO NOT attempt to FORCE us to live by your beliefs. For example, my religious beliefs do not include the belief that birth control pills are abortifacients. So, please stop trying to legislate birth control pills out of existence by passing "personhood" amendments. My religious beliefs also do not include requiring a woman to die from blood poisoning because her fetus is dying. Or because of an ectopic pregnancy. Yet, so many "Pro Life" people keep trying to impose those religious beliefs on others.

As far as bedrooms go, I really really really don't care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedrooms, and consider that if God hated homosexuals, he wouldn't keep creating them.

Just_another_day_at_work

Republican party will give me this, then they have my buddy's vote.
Give me an inter-dimensional gate like a triangle hint, hint that a lot of people using on this "ride", so I can get the hell out of dodge from Earth to Orion back and forth, passing by invisible saviors/gods in a speed of light and watch the freak show from there or join you guys but from a higher state of mind. Is it really too much to ask? Both party already doing it to us...
Or wait, it's gonna happen anyways, soon so why change anything... :biting:
Sorry for my rant it's a late night, my mind is (not) clear LOL

804brown

I think the republican party needs more people who believe in individual liberty instead of waiting for free money at the 1st of every month.
I think it needs to have more people who think, the less I have to interact with the govt, the better off I will be.

So the repubs did not promise "handouts" to the 2% like big fat tax cuts?? They werent promised a "gift" of keeping more of their money every year. They werent promised the "gift" of less regulation. Oh wait the defense industry was not promised the "gift" of much higher military spending, etc.

It sounds like romney's 47% speech. Or oreally's election night pissy rant. It sounds like you think the repubs should continue to double down on their reactionary ideas. My advice: BE MY GUEST!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So the repubs did not promise "handouts" to the 2% like big fat tax cuts?? They werent promised a "gift" of keeping more of their money every year. They werent promised the "gift" of less regulation. Oh wait the defense industry was not promised the "gift" of much higher military spending, etc.

It sounds like romney's 47% speech. Or oreally's election night pissy rant. It sounds like you think the repubs should continue to double down on their reactionary ideas. My advice: BE MY GUEST!!
It was a question, not an argument. I answered with my thoughts, dont like it, scroll on by.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
To compare which "gifts" benefit our economy the most is in order.
The (D) idea is to let the funds to be spread through out the most people at the lowest economic levels which in turn may produce some increase of more low paying jobs .
While the (R) idea is to spread the funds to corporations which in turn would create a variety of well paying jobs as well as some low paying jobs. Thus allowing those that receive gifts from the (D) to become tax paying citizens again.

rrunner

The (D) idea is to let the funds to be spread through out the most people at the lowest economic levels which in turn may produce some increase of more low paying jobs .
While the (R) idea is to spread the funds to corporations which in turn would create a variety of well paying jobs as well as some low paying jobs. Thus allowing those that receive gifts from the (D) to become tax paying citizens again.
Ha Ha ,gotta love the trickle down theory..Only problem it has never worked...

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Geez... its no wonder why you support GOP politics. You dont make any sense either. A pair made in heaven, oh wait, that doesnt exist either.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
"A pair made in heaven, oh wait, that doesnt exist either....." TOS

Some people believe otherwise! You have my sympathy!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So giving $$ to welfare bums is ok.
But giving $$ to corporations is not.
Let's see how much the welfare bums do to raise NGP vs a corporation that will use the gov't contract to actually build something , by hiring people thus creating jobs and helping to grow the economy .

{ except bhos' phoney green energy corporations }

wkmac

So giving $$ to welfare bums is ok.
But giving $$ to corporations is not.
Let's see how much the welfare bums do to raise NGP vs a corporation that will use the gov't contract to actually build something , by hiring people thus creating jobs and helping to grow the economy .

{ except bhos' phoney green energy corporations }

You mean like General Motors? And to the green energy exception, you're a hypocrite!

And just because a corporation who is able to use their lobbyists to have legislation passed favorable to a created market condition and then use those same connections to obtain exclusive "non competitive" contracts doesn't mean those jobs in the longhaul are good for the economy. The real estate bomb that blew up in 2008' should be proof to that sour taste pudding.

wkmac

Ha Ha ,gotta love the trickle down theory..Only problem it has never worked...

The trickle down works but just not in the way you think it should.

And for anyone still delusioned that Corp. America opposing things like minimum wage, you might read the direct entry of the Congressional Record from where the quote is sourced that Walmart Ceo welcomes a minimum wage increase. But then it's not about elevating the lower income masses but about fattening his own corp. profits but burdening the rest of American business with footing the bill.

Good ole' Walmart with 26% of food revenue coming from food stamps and now raising the minimum wages so they can sell more stuff from China and fill up garbage dumps thanks to planned obsolescence.

Who said gov't cheese and selling cheap :censored2: isn't good for business and of course, what's good for business is good for America!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The real cause of the housing burst was the laws that some community organizers demanded.
No longer could banks & mortgage lenders has their own internal policies to follow , the gov't changed that .
They allowed any & everyone to apply for a mortgage with no money down , especially those that never could afford one . Just as long as the gov't backed ever loan , everyone was happy . Unfortunately even the gov't ran out of money.

wkmac

The real cause of the housing burst was the laws that some community organizers demanded.
No longer could banks & mortgage lenders has their own internal policies to follow , the gov't changed that .
They allowed any & everyone to apply for a mortgage with no money down , especially those that never could afford one . Just as long as the gov't backed ever loan , everyone was happy . Unfortunately even the gov't ran out of money.

But what if those big survivors knew all along what they were doing? Had their own lifelines set in place but at the end of it all, knowing full well that a major percentage of the competition would be wiped from the table. Would it not be in their own interests to at the least not say a word of warning and at the most, quietly work the background to make the bust comes to past?

Gee, I wonder if somehow for example that Goldman Sachs was exempt from the Community Reinvestment Act requirements in the first place?

Hmmmmmmmmm!:wink2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Why do you revisit this thought as if it were true?? Havent you been shown enough proof to the contrary already? Its clear, both in the record and in reality how the housing bubble was created. Just because you DENY it and blame something else doesnt make it true.

Here it is again, Hopefully, this time it will sink in. READ EACH PAGE COMPLETELY. These are WHITE HOUSE DOCUMENTS, and PAY CLOSE attention to the word BARRIERS that is used over and over by GEORGE W. BUSH. Those BARRIERS were the things that were protecting the banks and the housing market until BUSH called for them to be REMOVED.

1) Increasing Affordable Housing and Expanding Homeownership

2) Fact Sheet: America's Ownership Society: Expanding Opportunities

3) President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

4) Record of Achievement - Expanding Home Ownership

5) President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003

And in case you think those OFFICIAL white house docs are fake, here's BUSH talking about it all himself.
President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003

Stop blaming ANYONE other than BUSH for the construction and collapse of the housing market between 2001 and the present.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do you revisit this thought as if it were true?? Havent you been shown enough proof to the contrary already? Its clear, both in the record and in reality how the housing bubble was created. Just because you DENY it and blame something else doesnt make it true.

Here it is again, Hopefully, this time it will sink in. READ EACH PAGE COMPLETELY. These are WHITE HOUSE DOCUMENTS, and PAY CLOSE attention to the word BARRIERS that is used over and over by GEORGE W. BUSH. Those BARRIERS were the things that were protecting the banks and the housing market until BUSH called for them to be REMOVED.

1) Increasing Affordable Housing and Expanding Homeownership

2) Fact Sheet: America's Ownership Society: Expanding Opportunities

3) President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

4) Record of Achievement - Expanding Home Ownership

5) President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003

And in case you think those OFFICIAL white house docs are fake, here's BUSH talking about it all himself.
President Bush Signs American Dream Downpayment Act of 2003

Stop blaming ANYONE other than BUSH for the construction and collapse of the housing market between 2001 and the present.

peace

TOS

I forgot this link.... or....nevermind.

Burning Down The House: (Karl Rove - Bush Version) - YouTube

Peace

TOS