What Does The Union Do For Hub Workers?

hypocrisy

Banned
I am greatly looking forward to Jace's posts after he has been a driver for a few months. Good luck making seniority Jace, we're here to help if you need it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Wouldn't it be ironic if he qualified and bid menotyou's route?
How would he bid my route? Seniority rules, remember? And, he's come the airport/hub. Different local. Sorry, Nancy.
As far as return to work date, projected at September-November sometime. Thanks for the concern, though.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Fight nice kids ! A great man said some 2000 years ago " Love Me and love one another" and that all is I have to say about that.
The autuopsy commet was a pisser though !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Stewie, the autopsy comment was an honest question. I doubt they will.

Except for the fact that the physical heart is not where emotions reside and emotions would not be present in anyone's autopsy.

We all got your point but the honest question is up for question since no one thinks emotions are housed in the physical heart.

Just saying - :its_all_good:

Notcool

op/loader speaks the truth. Its not just UPS. Wages stop increasing at 70's-80's mark. At least at UPS We get raises. Even though its pocket change. At UPS it is every man for himself. It kills me when a sup tells me to help another loader that is moving at a snails pace while I am clean from loading fast. I say HELL NO and they just move on to get another loader to do it lol. We all don't get paid the same. Just do what you feel is worth the pay

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
. ? Why am I talking to drivers that make over $30/hr when I am doing just as much, if not more, work than they are making $8.50/hr?
friend.

You owe me a beer, mine came out of my nose because i was laughing so hard over that statement. You should quit UPS and be a stand up comedian,becasue that is some funny stuff!

ColaUpser

I mean their is a light at the end of the tunnel, bite the bullet my friend. In a few years you could be making 30$/hr. This thought alone is what makes me clock in every single night. When your body gets in shape the work wont be nearly as bad, this is until you start to see grey in your hair.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
What does the union do for hub worker ? Well in the Chesepeke District the pt steward left his full time well paying job to go into the hub @ 3PM (today) to make sure early loads were being unloaded by union people . An you know what ? It was hard getting people to come in!!! WTF!!! He hears "I just want to work enough time to get my benefits" or "I will take the suspension (enough though it is not deserved) because I need a day off" sometimes it makes him sick !He will retire to Bedlam.

eplaner

let me give u dome advice
if ur a loader
work really slow, word extra safe, let it get back up
go take a **** in the bathroom everyday at least 10minute even if u don't have to.
then they will realize they r short on people
the slower u work the more work needs to be done
the more work needs to be done the word people they will need.
then they will hire more people and build ur senority and helps
NEVER work hard.
the harder you work the more work they give you.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
let me give u dome advice
if ur a loader
work really slow, word extra safe, let it get back up
go take a **** in the bathroom everyday at least 10minute even if u don't have to.
then they will realize they r short on people
the slower u work the more work needs to be done
the more work needs to be done the word people they will need.
then they will hire more people and build ur senority and helps
NEVER work hard.
the harder you work the more work they give you.

That is incorrect . You work to the best of your ability. No one can ask for more . You do not take bathroom breaks for no good reason. As union reps we fight against unfair standards all the time.We do not need people sabotaging the operation it weakens our position .Common sense applies here . You do what is right. Never give them ammo like that.