What does your facility actually do about weight "mistakes"

jamescasey420

It is not about Revenue recovery its all about safety! Sounds like the Teamsters are in for some hefty medical bills. Ups is not taking anymore comp claims.

jamescasey420

Revenue corrections are normally done at the hubs.
So with that being said, everyone that touches that package before it gets to the hub has a increased chance of being hurt right? Ok UpstateNYUPSer you have 50 Parcels coming your way . There all on a air or ground ASD. Box is full of rocks and the ASD has a bogus shipper number on it. There marked 5lbs but are really 105 lbs. Oops forgot the 1 and the 0. Have revenue clerks try to bill a bogus shipping number while you are testing the weight and the shifting contents. Remember to lift with your legs.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
My Center does nothing. I have brought a bunch from a UPS Store that I cannot refuse to pick up. Nothing is adjusted. I am always told that "The Hub will catch it!". Right and "time studies are correct". I refuse all call tags that are wrong and all other packages.

wayfair

swollen member
So with that being said, everyone that touches that package before it gets to the hub has a increased chance of being hurt right? Ok UpstateNYUPSer you have 50 Parcels coming your way . There all on a air or ground ASD. Box is full of rocks and the ASD has a bogus shipper number on it. There marked 5lbs but are really 105 lbs. Oops forgot the 1 and the 0. Have revenue clerks try to bill a bogus shipping number while you are testing the weight and the shifting contents. Remember to lift with your legs.

I would tell customer I couldn't pick those packages up until they were properly marked, then give the customer the number to the office.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My Center does nothing. I have brought a bunch from a UPS Store that I cannot refuse to pick up. Nothing is adjusted. I am always told that "The Hub will catch it!". Right and "time studies are correct". I refuse all call tags that are wrong and all other packages.

The hub does all revenue corrections, including call tags.

You don't have the right to refuse to make service on a call tag simply because the weight is wrong.