WHAT DRIVES YOU/ YOUR PKG CAR???

ChrisTheBrown

Only been doing this for coming up on 3 years now...Cover driving for almost 2..I find myself asking myself from time to time, am I really gonna do this for another 27 1/2 years? (Currently 27 1/2 years of age..)
I think of my wife throughout my day, & the thought of knowing that she's praying for my safety each morning..The fact that she supports me in this means everything to me..But I also think about how things will be years down the road...Maybe even 1-5 years...Will she still support me, still want me?? Not much of a life as a FT UPS driver, so a lot of sacrifices come with it..As one of our most famous BC users on here likes to say: "There is more to life than money."
Just find myself asking some of these questions, from time to time. Has this career made your marriage any more difficult, over time?

UPSER110

It for sure took a toll on my marriage, look at some of the people in your center how many have been divorced? If you have a good, thankful wife you will be ok. No one understands what we go through each day, but in the end we are paid very well, weekends off, excellent benefits, job security, and hopefully retirement. You absolutely cannot let the job get to you, its just cardboard.

9.5er

Family is certainly my driving factor in everything I do. This job included. The job provides any and everything we need. Sure I could do other jobs and get by, but this is the path I chose.
If your marriage is strong you'll be fine. They all have their ups and downs. You just have to do your part to be sure there are more ups than downs.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Don't worry... When they outsource our jobs to drones we will all have easy jobs working at target and McDonald's.... Then when they automate those jobs to robots and computers then we can all sit at home and milk the system while we watch the drone and robot owners become become the new 1%

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Family is certainly my driving factor in everything I do. This job included. The job provides any and everything we need. Sure I could do other jobs and get by, but this is the path I chose.
If your marriage is strong you'll be fine. They all have their ups and downs. You just have to do your part to be sure there are more ups than downs.
And don't forget to have a date weekend now and then.....personal time is important and it's hard to get hard when you have kids at your bedroom door trying to knock it down because they think you're "hurting mommy"

MendozaJ

The options you will have for when there is quality time for your personal relationships will be significantly greater within time, throughout your career, and well past the age of 55. Live within your means, and there will not be any financial issues, the #1 cause of marital strife.

ChrisTheBrown

When my kids were young it was hard. But at the same time I made enough money that my wife could be a stay at home mother.
I've talked to her about the possibility of one day being a stay at home mother, (no kids yet) & she seems to really like the idea. I would love to be able to do that for her/ us. This career opportunity, as a whole, is honestly bigger then anything that I could've ever imagined growing up. Time will tell me how everything plays out.

I've talked to her about the possibility of one day being a stay at home mother, (no kids yet) & she seems to really like the idea. I would love to be able to do that for her/ us. This career opportunity, as a whole, is honestly bigger then anything that I could've ever imagined growing up. Time will tell me how everything plays out.
Once you get to top rate and start working steady, you can do it.

oldngray

nowhere special
toonces.gif

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Only been doing this for coming up on 3 years now...Cover driving for almost 2..I find myself asking myself from time to time, am I really gonna do this for another 27 1/2 years? (Currently 27 1/2 years of age..)
I think of my wife throughout my day, & the thought of knowing that she's praying for my safety each morning..The fact that she supports me in this means everything to me..But I also think about how things will be years down the road...Maybe even 1-5 years...Will she still support me, still want me?? Not much of a life as a FT UPS driver, so a lot of sacrifices come with it..As one of our most famous BC users on here likes to say: "There is more to life than money."
Just find myself asking some of these questions, from time to time. Has this career made your marriage any more difficult, over time?
If you don't have a strong marriage, this job will hurt that. You have to be on the same page as a team and realize long term goals. How ups will factor into that will help.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?
Do you know how many people dream of a job like this, or a job at all?

I think he benefits outweigh the negatives of you just do your job.

Sacrifices must be made and UPS takes a lot out of you but in the end the goal is to sit comfortably at home retired, financially set while laughing at the upcoming drivers who repeatedly post the same questions on BC.

ChrisTheBrown

Do you know how many people dream of a job like this, or a job at all?

I think he benefits outweigh the negatives of you just do your job.

Sacrifices must be made and UPS takes a lot out of you but in the end the goal is to sit comfortably at home retired, financially set while laughing at the upcoming drivers who repeatedly post the same questions on BC.
"THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN MONEY."
-SOMEONE FAMOUS

upschuck

I'm not going to argue that..It's nice to live in financial peace. I just try my best not to let working so much, (or money itself) become some kind of an idol. Some people may feel differently about that, but that's how I feel.
Did something happen that set off this quandary?