What exactly is the hold up on the contract and why?

BUCN85

I live in north east ohio. Youngstown area. Now I believe our rider passed. Buy what exactly are we waiting on? Other riders? And what are the issues that are not passing. Nobody in my center really knows the deal

Stonefish

Ask you steward. If they don't know the answer look on the union bulletin board and call the union hall. The Ohio Rider has not passed yet. Just an FYI.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I live in north east ohio. Youngstown area. Now I believe our rider passed. Buy what exactly are we waiting on? Other riders? And what are the issues that are not passing. Nobody in my center really knows the deal

Start going to your local's monthly membership meetings.

The Ohio Rider hasn't passed yet.

BUCN85

Main reason I like to ask on here is because the steward. Or really anybody at the center isn't always up to date on the current status. Where if I come on here and ask I can get information from anybody who may know a little more than the last person from hubs all over the country.

BUCN85

Still haven't gotten an answer for my original question. What are the issues that are causing the contract to be voted down

upschuck

Still haven't gotten an answer for my original question. What are the issues that are causing the contract to be voted down
I don't know all issues, but some people are afraid to change their healthcare. Louisville has many issues some are the 30-60 min wait to get into work, and I believe they get paid less than the rest of the starting rates.

C

chuchu

There are several part time issues and an insurance plan that got "enhanced" with no benefit level guarantee except the C6 plan and that is far below the quality plan most of the state of Ohio employees have had for years.

The contact language (proposed) states that the company can use single day vacation coverage drivers as full time drivers all year long to cover "volume fluctuations", when not covering single day vacations thus keeping ups part time workers from advancing to permanent full time positions. That is a huge issue to locals like 89 and affects part time workers throughout the company.

You have people in your ceenter that know what's going on because i know some of them. Ask the stewards. They know what the hold ups are.

I heard from another local that the sequence of riders being fixed is 623, 89 and then Ohio but I'm not really sure that's accurate.

If you care about part time workers at all this contract should never pass with some of the language proposed and it should never have been supported by the IBT from the beginning. Everyone needs to look out for their fellow co-worker and not just for their own interests.