What exactly is the hold up on the contract and why?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BUCN85, Jan 19, 2014.

1. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

I live in north east ohio. Youngstown area. Now I believe our rider passed. Buy what exactly are we waiting on? Other riders? And what are the issues that are not passing. Nobody in my center really knows the deal

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

No one in your center knows all the riders have to pass before the new master takes effect???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. over9five

....And you BELIEVE your own passed??? Not sure???

WTF.... No wonder the union's in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

No. Nobody knows which riders need to pass and why they haven't

5. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Have you asked your business Rep this question?

6. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Don't even know who our BA is

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  7. over9five

Are you a new hire?

8. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Try asking around at the pcm, someone must know.

9. Stonefish

Stonefish Well-Known Member

Ask you steward. If they don't know the answer look on the union bulletin board and call the union hall. The Ohio Rider has not passed yet. Just an FYI.

10. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Start going to your local's monthly membership meetings.

The Ohio Rider hasn't passed yet.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Waiting on 3 local supplements.

12. chuchu

chuchu Guest

Did you vote?

13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Excellent question----I would say he did not vote.

14. Ouch

Ouch Well-Known Member

Vote what vote. What election. Lol lol. Sorry had too.

15. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Yes I absolutely voted. Both times it has been sent out

16. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Main reason I like to ask on here is because the steward. Or really anybody at the center isn't always up to date on the current status. Where if I come on here and ask I can get information from anybody who may know a little more than the last person from hubs all over the country.

17. BUCN85

BUCN85 Active Member

Still haven't gotten an answer for my original question. What are the issues that are causing the contract to be voted down

18. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

I don't know all issues, but some people are afraid to change their healthcare. Louisville has many issues some are the 30-60 min wait to get into work, and I believe they get paid less than the rest of the starting rates.

19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Shuttle pay (Louisville) and healthcare.

20. chuchu

chuchu Guest

There are several part time issues and an insurance plan that got "enhanced" with no benefit level guarantee except the C6 plan and that is far below the quality plan most of the state of Ohio employees have had for years.

The contact language (proposed) states that the company can use single day vacation coverage drivers as full time drivers all year long to cover "volume fluctuations", when not covering single day vacations thus keeping ups part time workers from advancing to permanent full time positions. That is a huge issue to locals like 89 and affects part time workers throughout the company.

You have people in your ceenter that know what's going on because i know some of them. Ask the stewards. They know what the hold ups are.

I heard from another local that the sequence of riders being fixed is 623, 89 and then Ohio but I'm not really sure that's accurate.

If you care about part time workers at all this contract should never pass with some of the language proposed and it should never have been supported by the IBT from the beginning. Everyone needs to look out for their fellow co-worker and not just for their own interests.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List