What happened in Erie, Pa.?

jimstud

Banned
The only time I could see adding miles is if the odometer is not working properly. I would make sure that this has been documented before doing so. Beyond that, falsifying because you are told to is still falsifying.

we are supposed to work as diricted if your manager tells you to do something (other than dangerous or illegal) you are supposed to do it . if you have a problem with you are told to do you go above his head and explain what you were told to do and have him deal with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

we are supposed to work as diricted if your manager tells you to do something (other than dangerous or illegal) you are supposed to do it . if you have a problem with you are told to do you go above his head and explain what you were told to do and have him deal with it.

I guess this is something else that we disagree on. If I were put in that position I would record the mileage accurately and let the chips fall where they may.

When I was on a country run the PC for that area had a faulty odometer. It was documented that we were to add 10 to 15 miles to that area each day. I had no problem doing that.

jimstud

Banned
I guess this is something else that we disagree on. If I were put in that position I would record the mileage accurately and let the chips fall where they may.

When I was on a country run the PC for that area had a faulty odometer. It was documented that we were to add 10 to 15 miles to that area each day. I had no problem doing that.

i am no agreeing with what the manger said to do but i have kept more than 1 driver out of the soup for working as directed. all you do is keep a record of what you are told to do and it falls on the management person.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i am no agreeing with what the manger said to do but i have kept more than 1 driver out of the soup for working as directed. all you do is keep a record of what you are told to do and it falls on the management person.

I'll give you that one, although I would still record the mileage accurately.

You on vaca this week?

brown bomber

brown bomber
I can't believe that UPS has to fudge the numbers in one part of the country, when in other parts of the country drivers are working 10 + hrs./ day or more.........there's a MAJOR PROBLEM w/ IE (time studies)....if drivers are instructed to cheat in order to have a 8 hr.dispatch.......to achieve the numbers that UPS considers acceptable......Jim Casey is rolling in his grave, regarding this post

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I can't believe that UPS has to fudge the numbers in one part of the country, when in other parts of the country drivers are working 10 + hrs./ day or more.........there's a MAJOR PROBLEM w/ IE (time studies)....if drivers are instructed to cheat in order to have a 8 hr.dispatch.......to achieve the numbers that UPS considers acceptable......Jim Casey is rolling in his grave, regarding this post

This company can continue to care about their employees, as casey did and encouraged, and still make a huge profit. From what I understand jim casey "idea" of bonus was to let people have a fair days work and if they wanted more work reward them for it....and the allowances were fair. Now its used as a discipline tool...period. I would have no problem with the union recognizing ups numbers if they were transparent...if they were stop specific and not an average of everything...I think if it came down to it ups would never agree to it either because of having to be transparent.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

10 plus hours a day would be a blessing..here it is 11-12.....